- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Tuesday, December 17, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Required Master’s degree in Health or a Master’s degree in a related field plus a minimum of 18 graduate hours in Health.
- Recommended additional 18 graduate hours in Physical Education or a related field.
- Recommended Red Cross certification in teaching First Aid and CPR.
- Prefer experience in teaching in a community college setting.
- Prefer experience with the Blackboard learning platform.
- Prefer experience with hybrid/internet platform classes.
Part-time Instructor responsibilities include teaching college-transfer health courses. Classes meet during the day and/or evening at multiple locations and online.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop appropriate course goals and objectives along with evaluation methods that accurately measure student learning.
- Be thoroughly prepared for each instructional responsibility including lecture and lab.
- Maintain an up-to-date syllabus for each course.
- Conduct class and lab activities that are consistent with course objectives.
- Work with Division Dean to order needed equipment and supplies.
- Be available to students outside of class time through e-mail, telephone, and individual meetings as needed.
- Accurately complete and submit all required reports and student records by stated deadlines and return all College materials and grade books at the end of each semester.
Job Post Contact