Health Science Student Success Advisor (Grant-Funded)
Main Campus (Dobson, NC)
Closes: Friday, April 28, 2023
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Bachelor’s degree related to health science, student development, counseling, human services, education, or an academic related field. Experience/proficiency in the use of various software packages, effective oral and written communication skills, and the ability to coordinate and prioritize duties.
Master’s degree in education, or a related academic field; Experience in health care and/or health care education. Experience in online educational settings and work with students from diverse backgrounds.
Health Science Student Success Advisor works within institutional guidelines and college policies to provide a learning-centered advising experience for pre and current health science students. With a focus on student success, exceptional communication and customer service, the Advisor works with 1) prospective students as they transition to the college and 2) current students as they matriculate through their program of study. The position reports to the Director, Advising and Student Success.
HOURS: Vary based on duties in and out of the office as well as student need.
This is a 12-month, grant-funded position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Create a welcoming, friendly, and supportive atmosphere for students, faculty, staff, and the outside community.
- Provide exceptional and innovative academic advising services to prospective and current health and pre-health science students, individually or in groups, about college policies and programs of study.
- Advise students about the possible consequences of academic decisions and provide guidance to individual support services.
- Collaborate and provide appropriate support to the Student Services front desk personnel.
- Assist with all phases of student recruitment, such as high school visitations, career fairs, college days, open houses, and informational sessions.
- Monitor and follow-up on early alerts for students on assigned caseload.
- Identify appropriate resources to provide students with wraparound services.
- Serve as the Success Advisor for pre and admitted health science students.
- In partnership with the Health Science Admissions Coordinator, review, interpret, and evaluate applicant test scores and other relevant information to determine the academic status of prospective and current students.
- Participate in opportunities for professional development, such as workshops, conferences, and trainings.
- Perform other duties, which support the mission and initiatives of the college.
- Collaborate with health science faculty and staff to improve student support and success initiatives.
- Maintain a clean and safe work area.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact