Wilkes Community College-Wilkes Campus Wilkesboro, NC
Closes: Monday, July 26, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Master’s degree in education, higher education, business, health or related area.
- Applicant must have excellent human relations skills and be able to work with a variety of individuals (students, instructors, administration, and the general public).
- Good analytical skills, attention to detail, the ability to communicate effectively, good organizational skills, and the ability to work with deadlines are essential.
- Advanced computer skills required, including Microsoft office software (Excel, Access and Word), budget, and database management.
- Weekends, evenings, and occasional overnight travel are part of the work schedule for this position.
- Training and experience in admissions/advising/higher education preferred.
This is a full-time position in the Student Services Division. The Health Sciences Admissions Advisor, in collaboration with the other advisor, coordinates the advising and admission activities for all limited admission pre-health science students. Limited admission health programs include Associate Degree Nursing, Dental Assisting, Emergency Medical Science, Radiography, and Respiratory Therapy.
This is a full-time, twelve-month position in the Student Services division and will report to the Associate Dean of Admissions and Advising. Core duties will include the following:
1. Coordinate the admissions activities for the Nursing, Respiratory Therapy, and Regional Increasing Baccalaureate Nurses (RIBN) programs:
- Coordinate the development and distribution of admission information.
- Coordinate and conduct information sessions.
- Meet with students to review their eligibility for meeting minimum admission requirements.
- Determine each student’s eligibility for entry into the Nursing, Respiratory Therapy, and RIBN program.
2. Provide academic and educational advising for students pursuing the Nursing, Respiratory Therapy, and RIBN program:
- Assist students with the development of individual career and academic plans and proactively engage with students each semester to monitor student progress.
- Develop meaningful relationships with students that are based in empathy, compassion, and appreciative, developmental, and intrusive advising techniques.
- Provide information and guidance for students pursing the Nursing, Respiratory Therapy, and RIBN program who plan to also pursue a Bachelor’s degree.
- Communicate regularly with current advisees and prospective students.
3. Teach Success Courses (ACA 122/ACA 115).
4. Coordinate with colleges and universities regarding 2+ programs
5. Assist with other general admissions and recruiting activities of the college.
6. Serve as Co-chairperson of the Health Sciences Admissions Committee.
7. Assist with administering the placement test.
8. Assist with placement test interpretations.
9. Assist with the evaluation of transcripts for transfer credit.
10. Perform other related duties as assigned by the Associate Dean of Admissions and Advising and Dean of Student Services.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact