Health Sciences Experiential Learning Coordinator
Morehead City, NC
Closes: Wednesday, June 14, 2023
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Education: Education equivalent to a community college level associate's degree in Emergency Medical Science, Nursing, Respiratory Therapy or other related field.
Knowledge and Skills: Two years of experience conducting healthcare simulation-based learning in an educational setting; proficiency in the use of audio/video equipment; working knowledge of standard medical equipment (IV pumps, ventilators, etc.); ability to install, configure, operate and troubleshoot a variety of patient simulators and task trainers (CAE, Gaumard, Laerdal); excellent communication skills (speaking, listening, reading, writing); ability to work collaboratively and willingness to learn new skills.
Physical Demands: Light to medium physical effort is required.
Licensing Requirement: Certified Healthcare Simulation Operators Specialist (CHSOS) or related credential preferred.
See minimum qualifications
Carteret Community College is accepting applications for a Health Sciences Experiential Learning Coordinator. This is a full-time staff position. Benefits include PENSION, paid vacation, paid sick leave, 12 paid holidays, low-cost health insurance and optional insurance benefits such as vision and dental insurance.
Annual Salary Range: $38,553 to $57,827, commensurate with education and experience
The experiential learning coordinator provides support to faculty and students in an experiential learning setting.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide technical support for all simulation operations, including preparation, maintenance and repair of patient simulators (software and hardware), task trainers and related multimedia peripherals
- Serve as simulator operator by testing and running scenarios together with simulation facilitators
- Support the use of digital media and provide technical support for computer-based multimedia systems and their components
- Program simulator software with clinical scenario parameters
- Ensure appropriate set up & breakdown/clean up (moulage, staging) of simulation environment, equipment, and supplies
- Conduct inventory and maintain supplies, media, and materials related to simulation and equipment
- Ensure simulation equipment functionality, security, and safety and/or appropriately troubleshoots, removes, disposes, or repairs equipment
- Recommend replacements or new purchases of simulation related equipment and supplies to Division Dean
- Provide training for faculty and students in the use of manikins and related equipment
- Schedule simulation experiences
- Maintain safe, organized and efficient simulation spaces
- Communicate with simulation equipment providers regarding equipment operation, troubleshooting and system problems
- Maintain record of simulation equipment preventive maintenance, updates and repairs
- Maintain proficiency in existing and emerging quality, safety and simulation technologies
- Collect and maintain record of simulation-based learning activities
- Serve on College committees and task forces as assigned.
- Attend required campus events including graduation, professional development, & employee meetings.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Carteret Community College is an EOE/E-verify employer. Job offers are conditional upon a successful background check.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact
Human Resources Office
Carteret Community College
3505 Arendell Street
Morehead City, NC 28557