RCC Main Campus
Closes: Friday, January 18, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Qualifications: Minimum of an Associate Degree in Secretarial/Office Systems Technology or a business related program; minimum of (2) years’ work experience in a secretarial or secretarial related position.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The incumbent will have the following duties & responsibilities:
- Performing basic clerical tasks.
- Sorting and routing incoming/outgoing mail and correspondence.
- Operating basic office equipment such as photocopier, fax machine, shredder, etc. competently.
- Receiving, screening, and placing telephone calls using proper etiquette.
- Processing time cards as required.
- Ordering materials and supplies following prescribed procedures.
- Operating a personal computer and peripherals competently
- Typing documents from rough drafts or dictation at 40-45 words per minute with no mistakes.
- Establishing and maintaining paper and electronic files.
- Arranging for meetings and conferences with staff and the general public.
- Making travel arrangements with hotels, airlines, and ground transportation entities.
- Preparing memos, letters, and other forms of correspondence as directed.
- Preparing and organizing handouts, directories, handbooks, etc. as directed.
- Proofing outgoing correspondence for spelling and grammar.
- Monitoring budget expenditures and balances as requested.
- Creating, editing, and proofing a variety of documents accurately.
- Preparing minutes of meetings, agendas, lists, etc. from rough copy or dictation.
- Typing envelopes, labels, and forms.
- Using prescribed word processing software packages to prepare form letters.
- Proof reading documents with accuracy.
- Using special features and integration capabilities of the prescribed software packages.
- Entering basic alphanumeric data into computer database software and verifying it for accuracy.
- Formatting data as directed.
- Creating reports from data, if required.
- Creating business graphics from data, if required.
- Collecting and monitoring medical forms and documents to ensure all information is current and complete.
- Maintaining a personal file for each Health Science student.
- Updating Health Science Program handbooks, as directed by Program Directors.
- Develop a spreadsheet for each Health Science Program’s Applicants outlining general education courses completed, GPA, Applicant Demographic information, total points, etc…
- Maintaining a spreadsheet for each Health Science Program, outlining pertinent data.
- Monitoring the number of seats needed in required related classes and communicating this information to the appropriate department chairs.
- Effectively utilize Registration Management System (Colleague) functions to build sections and register students to include SECT, RGN, RGST, EVAL, XATT, TRER, etc….
- Preparing invitations and programs for pinning ceremonies.
- Develop and maintain program dashboards highlighting program effectiveness measures.
- Maintain program specific websites for accreditation compliance.
- Maintain updated Program Advisory committee list.
- Stay current with program admission requirements
- Represents programs at functions in absence of faculty
- Ability to organize, sort, file, and retrieve information and correspondence.
- Handling mass mailings as directed.
- Handling priority mail, overnight mail and packages, etc.
- Communicating the manager’s instructions to various individuals accurately.
- Furnishing or obtaining information from/for the manager with other managers accurately.
- Checking, creating, and/or sending e-mail communications with accuracy.
- Operating and transcribing voice messages from answering machines and similar voice mail devices.
- Greeting students, visitors, employees, and peers with a pleasant, professional disposition.
- Making coffee, serving refreshments and cleaning up after guests as necessary.
- Handling customer questions and problems in a timely, courteous manner.
- Handling all correspondence (oral, written, or electronic) with confidentiality.
- Relaying messages of students, visitors, employees, and peers in an accurate and timely fashion.
- Announcing visitors as appropriate.
- Participating in community college sponsored or endorsed professional/personal development activities as requested.
- Pursuing professional development course, seminars, workshops, and institutes designed to enrich and/or enhance the quality of secretarial support provided to the office and staff.
- Providing facilities scheduling and management support as requested.
- Providing office materials and supplies inventory support.
- Maintaining a neat, professional office environment/setting.
- Promoting Robeson Community College with local, state, regional, and national citizenry.
- Participating in staff meetings called to expedite the business of the college.
How to Apply
Candidates for the position should complete an RCC Application for Employment and submit a Professional Resume, a photocopy of Official Transcripts, and any other supporting documentation related to the qualification requirements. Robeson Community College reserves the right to perform consumer background checks on applicants who are considered for employment and the College may administer personality profile testing as part of the selection process.
Applictions can be found on the Robeson Community College webpage www.robeson.edu