- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Wednesday, September 30, 2020
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Education: BSN required.
Experience: The applicant will need to be a registered nurse, licensed in the state of North Carolina, with an unencumbered license. Additionally, the applicant needs a minimum of two years of RN experience  hours in the United States and need at least one year [2000 hours] of RN experience in the provision of long- term care facility services in the United States demonstrated by either: a. working in a long-term care facility that is licensed as a skilled nursing facility or a skilled nursing facility which is a distinct part of a hospital or b. supervising or teaching students in a long-term care facility that is licensed as a skilled nursing facility or a skilled nursing facility which is a distinct part of a hospital.
Strong writing, computer, organizational, and communication skills. Day, evening, and weekend availability. Valid NC driver’s license.
Community college teaching experience is preferred.
- Develop relationships, within the area, with skilled nursing facilities, assisted living facilities, clinics, and hospitals to facilitate clinical rotations for healthcare classes.
- Create and maintain contact with agencies, businesses, and organizations throughout the county/local area in order to maintain understanding of employment needs and structure class offerings accordingly
- Follow all compliance and curricula requirements from state and national credentialing agencies [e.g., DHSR and NC Board of Nursing].
- Assist with hiring, as well as orient, mentor, and supervise certified instructors for all classes.
- Monitor instructors to ensure they are knowledgeable of, and following all, state, college, and classroom policies and procedures, as well as credentialing compliance requirements.
- Recruit students and market programs by advertising classes offered through a variety of means in conjunction with our marketing department.
- Work with students during the registration process and assist with student retention.
- Focus on enrollment growth, student retention, and program expansion.
- Attend initial class sessions and assist, as needed, with student orientation.
- Ensure all required class paperwork, including registration forms, attendance sheets, instructor contracts, and other required paperwork/attendance entry, is completed accurately and submitted to the Chair/Coordinator of Continuing Education Services in a timely manner.
- Responsibility for the collection/transmission of clinical documentation [e.g., background checks, immunization records, malpractice insurance] for all students.
- Work closely with all instructors to ensure that instructional materials [e.g., equipment, materials] are available and all courses are running smoothly.
- Work days, evenings, and weekends as necessary to oversee all healthcare occupations classes that are meeting on campus and at off-campus/clinical sites.
- Evaluate each course and conduct classroom observations per the Accountability Policy and Visitation Plan.
- Follow all guidelines for Pearson Regional testing, as well as other credentialing tests that are conducted on campus.
- Teach a minimum of one class per semester and as needed.
- Actively recruit for the college.
- Carry out other duties as assigned by the Chair of Continuing Education and Technical Programs and the Vice President of Instructional Services.
How to Apply
(1) signed Pamlico Community College application which can be obtained at the college website http://www.pamlicocc.edu/about-employment.php or by calling (252) 249-1851, extension 3005; (2) a photocopy of college transcripts, if applicable; and (3) a resume.
The resume is not a substitute for a completed application; the application must include work history. If you have transcripts already on file, please specify. Incomplete applications will not be eligible for consideration, and all requested information must be received by the deadline date. Mail to Susan McRoy, P.O. Box 185 (5049 Highway 306 South for carrier deliveries), Grantsboro, NC 28529, or email@example.com with position title in subject line or fax to 252-249-2984. Employment and selection procedures are outlined in Chapter 6 of PCC’s Policies and Procedures.