Lumberton Correctional Institution #4365, 75 Legend Road, Lumberton, NC 28358
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Wednesday, April 24, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Minimum Qualifications: HVAC Diploma and/or an associate degree; minimum of (3) years’ work experience; minimum of (2) years teaching experience or working experience in a prison setting; Extensive experience in HVAC can substitute for the teaching/working experience in a prison setting, and a diploma or an associate degree from a regionally accredited institution
Preferred Qualifications: Qualified candidates must be knowledgeable of all the rules and regulations mandated by the NC Department of Public Safety; qualified candidates must have computer skills; have the knowledge to submit all required paperwork to the College in appropriate manner; demonstrate evidence of flexibility and willingness to change; and open
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The incumbent will have the following duties and responsibilities:
- Teach approved curriculum and all course work as outlined.
- Maintain supportive relationships with prison staff and other academic programs at the prison and the College
- Assure the program meets standards established by the College and the Prison
- Instructor will be expected to teach schedule as assigned by the director
- Prepare and process course offerings and class schedules that meet program requirements of the NC Department of Public Safety and the needs of the students
- Teach a minimum of 30 to 35 contact hours weekly
- Supervise instructional functions and student activities assigned in the classroom and lab
- Register students and submit paperwork to the College appropriately
- Ensure instructional resources are being utilized efficiently and effectively
- Teach the curriculum with a focus on preparing students to enter the workforce
- Provide instruction through non-traditional methods that employ a variety of techniques and simulations
- Responsible for assisting with the overall operation of the HVAC Program
- Responsible for maintaining and submitting accurate audible records to the College
- Attend and participate in any professional development offerings to enrich and/or enchance quality of instruction delivered in the classroom and/or laboratory.
How to Apply
Candidates for the position should complete an RCC Application for Employment and submit a Professional Resume, a photocopy of Official Transcripts, and any other supporting documentation related to the qualification requirements. Visit www.robeson.edu for a full description of this position and to get an application. Application packet may be email to email@example.com or faxed to 910-272-3545 or mailed to College address should time permit.