- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Sunday, August 1, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
• High school diploma
• NC driver’s license
• A minimum of:
o Five (5) years of extensive and documented experience operating heavy equipment such as dozers, loaders, scrapers, and graders. – or
o Heavy Equipment Operator certifications and three (3) years of extensive and documented experience operating heavy equipment such as dozers, loaders, scrapers, and graders.
• NCCER Heavy Equipment Operator certifications or willingness to obtain upon employment at no cost
• Ability to work outdoors as well as inside the classroom
• Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
• Teaching experience in a classroom or work setting
• Experience with course development
• Working knowledge/utilization of word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software applications
• Evidence of a strong work ethic
• Ability to work nights and/or weekends
The Heavy Equipment Operation Adjunct is located in Union County. This is a part-time teaching position with the potential of up to 20 hours per week. Under the direction of the Dean of the School of Applied Science and Technology, the Heavy Equipment Operation Adjunct provides quality learning opportunities to prepare students to safely operate heavy equipment such as dozers, loaders, scrapers, and graders.
• Create classroom activities and learning environments that meet the needs of all learners.
• Exhibit an uncompromising commitment to SPCC as a learning-centered college through the College’s mission, vision, values, core skills and learning outcomes, and delivery of instruction and services
• Demonstrate effective problem-solving, critical thinking, and decision-making skills
• Work well with individuals of diverse backgrounds
• Maintain current licensure, certification, licensure other professional credentials required for the position