Alamance Community College (Dillingham Campus)
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Monday, March 2, 2020
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teach heavy equipment operator Level 1, 2, and 3 classes, instruct students, administer tests, conduct learning activities, record attendance and grades on the class roster.
- Maintain appropriate course documentation such as syllabi (includes: objectives, tests, lesson plans, attendance policy, etc.).
- Recommend additional instructional supplies, ensure proper storage and security of supplies.
- Maintain a clean classroom/lab area.
- Available to attend the National Center for Construction Education and Research (NCCER) instructor training via Alamance CC.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills Qualifications
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Must have 3-5 years' experience, valid driver's license and be able to operate a variety of earth moving equipment such as dozer, excavator, motor grader, etc.
- Teaching and/or supervisory experience.
- CDL license.
- Physical demands applicants must be able to lift at least 50 pounds.
Alamance Community College Workforce Development Continuing Education (WDCE) is accepting applications for part-time Heavy Equipment Operator Instructors (day, evening and weekend) position. WDCE teaching positions are appointed on a course-by-course basis as needed. Responsibilities include teaching heavy equipment operator Levels 1, 2, and 3 courses during the day, evening or weekends. Applicants should have teaching and/or supervisory experience. Applicants must possess a commitment to quality teaching and student achievement.
How to Apply
Submission of on-line application must also include a resume. The resume should provide the names, addresses and telephone numbers of three professional references, your education, skills, heavy equipment skills and professional experiences as they relate to the duties and responsibilities of this position.