Randolph Community College
629 Industrial Park Avenue, Asheboro, NC 27205
Closes: Tuesday, April 30, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Associate degree in computer, office administration, and business administration related fields or business certification or business diploma along with three years relevant work experience.
- One – three years general hardware and software maintenance and repair experience.
- One – three years working experience with Microsoft Windows Operating System.
- One – three years working experience with Microsoft Office Professional.
- Experience using common web-oriented programming techniques, languages, and tools.
- Demonstrated acute attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer-related field.
- One – three years Microsoft Server administration experience.
- One – three years Apple Macintosh experience.
- Document Imaging experience.
- Experience with Flash and PERL programming.
Working under the direct supervision of the Director of Information Technology Services, the Help Desk Coordinator is responsible for assigning computer service requests and providing level 1 technical support, as well as for maintaining any warranty and maintenance agreements for Computer Services. The Help Desk Coordinator is also responsible for maintaining the college’s document imaging software.
- Assign and prioritize computer service requests for computer services’ staff and provide Tier 1 support to users.
- Prepare the lab maintenance schedule and assist with any lab maintenance.
- Administer the college’s document imaging system by managing user accounts, implementing and troubleshooting document types, workflow processes, and online forms.
- Serve as the event coordinator liaison for Administrative Services.
- Assist the Director of Information Technology Services with the computer equipment, instructional technology equipment, and the software inventories for the college.
- Administer the College’s portal site by performing data uploads and downloads, maintaining the central pages, and troubleshooting technical issues.
- Serve as the technical point of contact for the college’s emergency notification system.
- Coordinate the planning, acquisition and installation of the college’s classroom instructional equipment.
- Serve as the backup to the technical resource for the college’s room scheduling system by performing any software updates, creating and updating user accounts, extracting data, and maintaining proper setup parameters
- Serve as the technical resource for the TutorTrac system by performing any software and hardware updates and maintaining proper setup parameters
- Maintain and track any warranty and maintenance agreements for Computer Services’ equipment and software licensing.
- Provide assistance to faculty and staff with the procurement of computer hardware and software.
- Conduct end user training as needed.
- Conduct preliminary research of new technology.
- Assist with semi-annual updates for the Computer Services’ Operating Manual and the on-going updating of all server operating manuals.
- Participate in departmental planning and evaluation.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact
Melanie L. Avelino
Director of Human Resources
Randolph Community College
629 Industrial Park Avenue
Asheboro, NC 27205