- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Sunday, September 25, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Preference given for teaching or tutoring experience with strong skills in mathematics. Speak Spanish, preferred.
Under the direction of the Director for College Readiness will teach classes for high school credential attainment. Class is expected to meet from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to the following:
- Assume responsibility for teaching assignments as recommended by the department director.
- History of teaching mathematics is preferred.
- Facilitate the learning process by designing and implementing instructional activities that are appropriate and meaningful.
- Adhere to departmental course guidelines
- Fulfill the duties of classroom and lab instructor in the supervision of students as applicable.
- Assume responsibility for maintaining all required college records. including attendance, LEIS documentation, grade reports, roll books, etc.
- Evaluate student performance using methods appropriate to the course.
- Maintain, review, and update course descriptions, objectives, and outlines for courses of instruction and develop new courses of study as necessary.
- Make recommendations to department directors for the selection of supplies, equipment, equipment repairs, textbooks for courses, and the scheduling of classroom and laboratory facilities.
- Participate in departmental activities relative to revising and updating the program(s) in the area of expertise.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None