- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Monday, July 13, 2020
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Individual must have a master’s degree in history or in a related field with 18 graduate hours in history. Successful teaching experience in the field of history is required.
Principles and pratices of computers and related software
Assigned program and activities
Community organizations, public agencies, and other resources for assigned programs and activities.
Educational tools, assessments, and other methods for the assigned programs and activities.
Communicate effectively verbally and in writing
Operate a computer and related software
Teach day, night, online, and seated classes
Maintain effective working relationships with others
Maintain a professional attitude towards students
Plan and organize programs and activities
Meet deadlines, plan classes effectively, and act as role model to students
Engage students in activities related to the discipline
Be detail oriented, thorough, and dedicated to the students and the institution
Understand and coordinate efforts with a wide range of organizations and special populations
Previous community college experience is preferred.
- Assume responsibility for teaching assignments as recommended by the department chair and approved by the dean.
- Facilitate the learning process by designing and implementing instructional activities that are appropriate and meaningful.
- Keep abreast of current technology; incorporate latest instructional technologies and interactive learning technologies in course delivery.
- Possess the knowledge, skills and experience to provide effective instruction in concepts and principles as they relate to the field of history.
- Develop/revise, prepare and teach history classes.
- Provide students detailed feedback and guidance to improve performance.
- Adhere to departmental course guidelines and ensure that content covers SACSCOC approved competencies.
- Develop and maintain student learning outcomes for each instructional area.
- Fulfill the duties of an instructor in supervision of students as applicable, and maintain a clean, safe, and efficient classroom.
- Assume responsibility for maintaining all required college records, including attendance and grade reports, roll books, etc.
- Evaluate student performance using methods appropriate to the course.
- Maintain, review, and update syllabi and develop new courses as necessary.
- Make recommendations to department chairs and deans for selection of supplies, equipment, equipment repairs, textbooks for courses and the scheduling of classrooms.
- Participate in departmental activities relative to revising and updating the program(s) in the area of expertise.
- Assist with the development of new programs in the area of expertise.
- Provide assistance to advisees.
- Participate in department and college-wide advising activities.
- Learn and maintain proficiency with program requirements of assigned advisees.
- Use the college’s student information system and college approved retention software to assist and retain students.
- Follow up on all assigned advisees.
- Attend training sessions relative to advising.
- Assist in program recruitment and monitor student retention.
- Maintain current professional credentials required for the position.
- Participate in a minimum of 10 hours of professional development activities in an academic year.
- Attend all required department and college-wide meetings.
- Serve on committees as required.
- Participate in college-wide activities.
- Assist in planning and conducting advisory committee meetings.
- Provide quality service to students, faculty and staff.
- Other duties may be assigned.
How to Apply
Please go to our website https://www.bladencc.edu/campus-resources/human-resources/ and apply online. If you have any questions, you may contact Tiina Mundy, Director of Human Resources, at email@example.com.