- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Sunday, March 31, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Minimum of an Associate's degree in Histotechnology or a closely related field from a regionally accredited institution.
- Holds ASCP-BOC U.S. certification as a Histotechnologist or Histotechnician.
- Has a minimum of three (3) years' experience in medical or laboratory education that includes teaching courses, conducting and managing learning experiences; evaluating student achievement; providing input into curriculum development, policy and procedure formulation; and evaluating program effectiveness
- Has knowledge of most recent NAACLS accreditation standards
- Has understanding of current certification procedures
• Teaching experience in a community college.
- Familiarity with North Carolina Community College curriculum structure and processes.
- Experience evaluating student achievement and learning outcomes.
- Experience in medical or laboratory education that includes teaching courses, conducting and managing learning experiences; evaluating student achievement; providing input into curriculum development, policy and procedure formulation; and evaluating program effectiveness.
- Has demonstrated the ability to develop successful strategies for enrollment growth, student success and student retention.
DESCRIPTION:Alamance Community College is seeking a dynamic and innovative individual to serve as an instructor and subject matter expert in our new Histotechnology Program. May be considered for Education Coordinator or Department Head, dependent upon qualifications of applicant.
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES:This Histotechnology professional will work in conjunction with the Department Head to provide supervision and coordination of the in the academic and clinical areas of the program. Other responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Administration of the program and instruction of Histotechnology courses within the program
- Planning and development of the curriculum
- Advising students in the program
- Maintaining the quality and reputation of the program
- Building and maintaining relationships with area clinical laboratories
- Participating in the budget preparation process
- Facilitating meetings of the advisory committee
- Staying current with requirements of the program including maintenance of NAACLS accreditation
- Participating in documented continuing professional education activity as required by NAACLS
This position requires strong interpersonal skills in communication with students to include recruiting and advising, as well as participation with colleagues, staff, administrators, and community partners as individuals or as a part of a team. Participation in college functions, committee assignments and other tasks as assigned is also required. This is an evening program, but work hours may include day, evening, and weekend hours as necessary.
How to Apply
SUPPLEMENTAL INFORMATION:An ACC on-line application MUST be fully completed for consideration, which includes a required letter of interest and transcript attachment. Resume attachments are welcome but will not be accepted in lieu of complete application.
Applicants for full-time faculty positions are to submit a statement on their philosophy of teaching and learning as it relates to the community college setting. Applicants called for an interview will be requested to present a fifteen-minute lesson on a subject chosen by the screening committee.
APPLICATIONS MAY BE FILED ONLINE AT: