- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Sunday, August 27, 2017
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Histotechnology or a closely related field from a regionally accredited institution.
- Holds ASCP-BOC U.S. certification as a Histotechnologist or Histotechnician.
- Has a minimum of three (3) years experience in medical or laboratory education that includes teaching courses, conducting and managing learning experiences; evaluating student achievement; providing input into curriculum development, policy and procedure formulation; and evaluating program effectiveness
- Has knowledge of NAACLS accreditation
- Has knowledge of certification procedures
- Has demonstrated the ability to develop successful strategies for enrollment growth, student success and student retention.
- Teaching experience in a community college.
- Familiarity with North Carolina Community College curriculum structure and processes.
Alamance Community College is seeking a dynamic and innovative instructor to serve as an instructor and subject matter expert in Histotechnology.
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES:
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Administration of the program and instruction of courses in the program
- Planning and development of the curriculum
- Advising students in the program
- Maintaining the quality and reputation of the program
- Building and maintaining relationships with area clinical laboratories
- Participating in the budget preparation process
- Facilitating meetings of the advisory committee
- Staying current with requirements of the program including maintenance of NAACLS accreditation
- Participating in a minimum of 36 hours of documented continuing professional education over every three years
This position requires strong interpersonal skills in communication with students to include recruiting and advising, as well as participation with colleagues, staff, administrators, and community partners as individuals or as a part of a team. Participation in college functions, committee assignments and other tasks as assigned is also required. Work hours may include day, evening, and weekend hours.
An ACC on-line application MUST be fully completed for consideration, which includes a required letter of interest and transcript attachment. Resume attachments are welcome but will not be accepted in lieu of complete application.
Applicants for full-time faculty positions are to submit a statement on their philosophy of teaching and learning as it relates to the community college setting. Applicants called for an interview will be requested to present a fifteen-minute lesson on a subject chosen by the screening committee.