Closes: Friday, February 22, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Bachelor degree preferred. Associate degree minimum.
- Experience working in post secondary education a plus.
- Proficient with computer based software including, but not limited to, Microsoft Office Suite, Colleague and other database computer software programs.
- Exceptional interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrate excellent organizational skills, multi-tasking ability, creativity, and operational flexibility.
- Ability to work as a team member in a collaborative environment and maintain effective relationships with peers, community patrons, faculty, staff, and students.
Under the direction of the Dean, Hoke County Center, the Program Associate works as part of a dynamic team to provide program quality and assist with day-to-day operations, and administrative support for the Hoke County Center.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Interface with students (active and prospective), community patrons, faculty and staff to address various needs
- Provide logistical support to faculty and staff as needed
- Employ cashier responsibilities
- Register students for Continuing Education classes
- Answer internal and external phone calls
- Carry out general administrative duties including composing correspondence, photocopying, sending faxes, sorting and distributing all incoming and outgoing mail
- Assist in supervising work study student(s)
- Monitor and order office supplies
- Provide technical assistance to students in Hoke Center Resource Room area
- Disseminate program and course information for educational programs and services
- Generate student ID’s and distribute parking stickers
- Assist with Hoke Registration/Orientation events
- Assist with audio/visual needs (i.e. projector, smartboard and ITV System)
- Support the mission, vision, and values of the College
How to Apply
Salary to be commensurate with experience and state salary schedules. Applications will be accepted until February 22, 2019. To maximize your opportunity for selection; letter of interest and resume must be uploaded with your application. Selection is contingent on final budget approval. Apply online: http://www.sandhills.edu/employment-sandhills-community-college
Sandhills Community College is convinced that being around people who are different makes us more creative, more diligent, and harder working. We are committed to a campus that supports diversity in both learning and working environments, and in our outreach to our community. We are also committed to working with Veterans of our armed forces to honor their commitment to our country and learn from their experiences.