Richmond Correctional Institution
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Sunday, December 31, 2023
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Minimum Education and Experience:
Education Minimum: Associate Degree in Horticulture, Agriculture or closely related field or a combination of degree and 4 years of work experience in Horticulture or Master Gardening.
Experience Minimum: Experience in Landscape Design, Turf Culture, Irrigation Methods, Business Marketing and Greenhouse Production.
Experience Preferred: Prior teaching experience in a general population. Extensive knowledge of plant science to include both organic and conventional gardening, emphasizing native plants.
Under general supervision of the Dean of Adult Education, the purpose of this position is to provide a comprehensive Horticulture instructional program committed to quality teaching and successful student achievement. Responsible for providing classroom instruction; administering tests; evaluating student performance and maintaining accurate documentation as required by state standards.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop curricula and plan course content and methods of instruction.
- Prepare outlines of instructional programs and training schedules and establish course goals in cooperation with the correctional facilities.
- Teach and demonstrate principles, techniques, procedures, and methods appropriate to horticulture.
- Observe and evaluate students' work to determine progress, provide feedback, and suggest improvement.
- Administer oral, written, or performance tests to measure progress and evaluate training effectiveness.
- Supervise and monitor students' use of tools and equipment.
- Complete and maintain records, including student registration, grades, and attendance.
- Responsible for the care and welfare of all plants maintained on site.
- Responsible for the ordering of all plants, food, bedding, tools, and equipment required for the garden or greenhouse operations.
- Maintains cleanliness of class/grounds/labs area
- Maintain security of tools and equipment
- Other duties as assigned.
- Adhere to college and correctional facilities' rules/policies/procedures.
How to Apply
Application Process: To apply for a vacant position, complete the Richmond Community College application and submit it with photocopies or unofficial copies of your College transcripts. For positions where a high school diploma or equivalent is the highest required degree, then proof of high school/equivalency is required. Application and review process can be found on the RCC website. No action will be taken on submission of a resume or letter of interest only. Incomplete files will not be considered. Successful applicant must pass a complete background check.
Apply online: https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/richmondcc
OPEN UNTIL FILLED
Equal Opportunity Employer