201 Highway 321 South
Dallas, North Carolina, 28034
Closes: Thursday, June 30, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
MINIMUM EDUCATION QUALIFICATIONS
- High school diploma or GED/HSE required.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS
- Previous housekeeping work experience required.
- Fingerprinting may be required upon hire.
- Eligibility to obtain and maintain a Division of Criminal Investigation (DCI) certification may be required. In addition to the standard background check, this position may require having a clear fingerprint-based criminal records search through the State Bureau of Investigation (SBI).
- PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Bending, stooping, and reaching, with the ability to lift and maneuver items weighing up to 50 pounds required.
- Continual walking and occasional climbing of stairs required.
- Occasional exposure to elements such as weather, noise, dust, and odors.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule.
Career Readiness Certificate (CRC) preferred
Experience operating various cleaning equipment such as vacuums, buffers, burnishers, and shampooers preferred.
OPEN UNTIL FILLED - Review of applications will begin 3/24/22
Perform a variety of housekeeping duties to provide clean, sanitary, comfortable, orderly, and satisfying surroundings for students, faculty, staff, and the public.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide a high level of service to customers by establishing and maintaining effective working relationships and partnerships. Accept responsibility for managing situations and problems. Work cooperatively with team members and colleagues, contributing positively and constructively to the achievement of team and College objectives. Adhere to the College's policies, procedures, and other established guidelines.
- Follow safety precautions at all times.
- Clean all assigned areas to ensure cleanliness standards are met.
- May perform tasks that involve exposure to bloodborne pathogens.
- Will handle and use a variety of cleaning solutions and solvents.
- Keep restrooms, storage areas, carts, and other assigned areas well-stocked, clean, and tidy at all times.
- Operate various mechanized cleaning equipment such as vacuums, polishers, and buffers.
- Report any needed repairs immediately such as leaky faucets or toilets, loose tiles, broken window panes, and missing nuts, bolts, or screws.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
At least once a day:
- Empty wastebaskets and transport other trash and waste to designated disposal areas.
- Clean and sanitize restrooms (e.g., floors, sinks, mirrors, commodes, and other fixtures).
- Clean walk-off mats, windows, and glass doors.
- Clean dry erase boards, chalkboards, and tray holders (unless instructed otherwise).
- Vacuum carpets and spot clean floors by sweeping and/or mopping as needed.
- Mop corridor floors, lobbies, and other areas.
- Continuously monitor floors, rooms, and other areas for litter, spills, water, etc. to keep clean and fresh.
At least once a week:
- Dust railings, furniture surfaces, pictures, bookshelves, window sills, etc.
- Clean baseboards.
- Mop stairs.
- Vacuum carpets.
- Spot clean walls.
At least once a year:
- Clean rugs, draperies, and upholstered furniture as assigned.
- Shampoo carpets as assigned.
- Wash windows as assigned.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact