Housekeeper/Floor Maintenance (Two Positions Available)
201 Highway U.S. 321
Dallas, NC 28034
201 Highway 321 South
Dallas, North Carolina, 28034
Opens: Monday, November 21, 2022
Closes: Monday, March 6, 2023
Closes: Monday, March 6, 2023
Target Start Date
Monday, January 30, 2023
Expected Work Hours
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS
- Housekeeping experience required.
- Fingerprinting may be required upon hire.
- Eligibility to obtain and maintain a Division of Criminal Investigation (DCI) certification may be required. In addition to the standard background check, this position may require having a clear fingerprint-based criminal records search through the State Bureau of Investigation (SBI).
- Continuous walking and occasional climbing of stairs required.
- Bending, stooping, and reaching, with the ability to lift, carry, push, and/or pull items weighing up to 75 pounds required.
- Must be able to tolerate exposure to elements such as weather, noise, dust, and odors.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule.
- High school diploma or GED/HSE preferred.
- Career Readiness Certificate (CRC) preferred.
- Knowledge of operating various mechanized (industrial type) floor cleaning equipment such as vacuums, buffers, burnishers, extractors, and other machines for floor care and maintenance preferred.
OPEN UNTIL FILLED - Review of applications will begin 12/2/22
Perform various floor maintenance functions in accordance with standard techniques and procedures. Perform a variety of housekeeping duties to provide clean, sanitary, comfortable, orderly, and satisfying surroundings for students, faculty, staff, and the public.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Follow safety precautions at all times.
- Strip and wax floors.
- Operate various mechanized floor cleaning equipment such as vacuums, polishers, extractors, and buffers.
- Will handle and use a variety of cleaning solutions and solvents.
- Assist in moving furniture and classroom equipment as needed.
- Assist with event room set-ups.
- Clean all assigned areas to ensure cleanliness standards are met.
- May perform tasks that involve exposure to bloodborne pathogens.
- Keep restrooms, storage areas, carts, and other assigned areas well stocked, clean, and tidy at all times.
- Report any needed repairs immediately such as leaky faucets or toilets, loose tiles, broken window panes, and missing nuts, bolts, or screws.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
At least once a day:
- Empty wastebaskets and transport other trash and waste to designated disposal areas.
- Clean and sanitize restrooms (e.g., floors, sinks, mirrors, commodes, and other fixtures).
- Clean walk-off mats, windows, and glass doors.
- Clean dry erase boards, chalkboards, and tray holders (unless instructed otherwise).
- Vacuum carpets and spot clean floors by sweeping and/or mopping as needed.
- Mop corridor floors, lobbies, and other areas.
- Continuously monitor floors, rooms, and other areas for litter, spills, water, etc. to keep clean and fresh.
At least once a week:
- Damp dust railings, furniture surfaces, pictures, bookshelves, window sills, etc.
- Clean baseboards.
- Mop stairs.
- Vacuum carpets.
- Spot clean walls.
At least once a year:
- Clean rugs, draperies, and upholstered furniture as assigned.
- Shampoo carpets as assigned.
- Wash windows as assigned.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact