Closes: Sunday, November 1, 2020
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- Two years’ experience in commercial/educational facility cleaning.
- One year experience with commercial cleaning equipment.
- Five years’ experience in commercial/educational facility cleaning.
- Five years’ experience with cleaning equipment including pressure washers, shampooers, buffers, and steam cleaners.
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION: All shift works under the supervision of the Facilities Operations Manager. Second and third shifts are also advised by the Facilities Services Supervisor/Evening Coordinator to ensure that all buildings are cleaned in a thorough, sanitary, and safe manner for the use by employees and students.
- Cleans and sanitizes restrooms by scrubbing fixtures and surfaces using the prescribed cleaning tools, chemicals, and techniques.
- Vacuums carpet and rugs, dusts horizontal raised surfaces, sweeps and mops and scrubs floors, and washes windows doors and walls in the buildings.
- Picks up trash, recycling, and empties and cleans trash cans.
- Checks appearance, operation, and security of appropriate areas and report remediation needs to the supervisor or coordinator.
- Unlocks and locks doors as needed for classes and security of the buildings.
- Uses a two-way radio for communication on campus and telephone for emergencies.
- Requests supplies and equipment replacement or repair needs in a planned fashion.
- Recommends improvements to the facility and/or the work process.
- Fills in for other workers when needed.
- Reports to work as needed to perform necessary services during college closings.
COLLEGE REQUIREMENTS OF ALL EMPLOYEES:
- Demonstrated excellence in written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equal opportunity, and the academic, intellectual, and social development of all students and employees.
- An understanding of and commitment to the comprehensive community college philosophy and mission.
- Treats others respectfully, speaks to others courteously, and behaves in such a way that creates a workplace environment that is marked by trustworthiness, honest but polite communication, and interpersonal interactions that are both personally cordial and professionally appropriate.
- Acts as a team player when working with any and all employees of the College.
- Serves on institutional committees as appointed by the President.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as needed.
- Annually review all Randolph Community College safety rules and policies and be familiar with all emergency safety procedures. Promote good safety habits and be compliant with OSHA safety regulations. Randolph Community College conducts a background check and drug screening on all full-time new hires.
- Randolph Community College conducts a background check and drug screening on all full-time new hires.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact
Melanie L. Avelino
Director of Human Resources
Randolph Community College
629 Industrial Park Avenue
Asheboro, NC 27205