Closes: Friday, September 30, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business, Public Administration and/or a related field and/ or a minimum of 5 years’ experience in human resources, with working knowledge of multiple HR disciplines, including employee relations, compensation, organizational design, talent development, performance management, and employment laws, such at EEO, FLSA, ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state, and local regulations. Maintaining appropriate level of confidentiality in this role is required.
Master’s Degree in Human Resources, Business, or related field or Juris Doctorate
Are you looking for a place to work that has heartbeat and soul? Are you wanting to work with a group of people who have more passion about their roles than you will find in most organizations? Are you looking for a place to work where you can make a significant difference in peoples’ lives and improve the local community? Are you looking to make a direct impact on the organization that you work for, all while maintaining your sense of individualism and creativity? If you answered “Yes” to any of these questions, then Central Piedmont Community College may be the place for you.
We are looking for an HR Business Partner who cares about those who work with them, but can also drive change. You can see the job description below, but in essence, this HRBP role will provide support and guidance to our employees and supervisors in many different ways.
The budgeted salary range for this role is $59k to $95k. Working at Central Piedmont is about more than the pay. We hope you look at this role and Central Piedmont, and realizes everything it has to offer, including a pension (yes, really!), three weeks of vacation time, twelve days of sick time, and two personal days your first year, 14 holidays, short-term disability for up to one year (if needed), low health benefits premiums (as low as $25/month for individual employee), general flexibility to pursue your goals/interests, option to work only four days during the summer, paid parental leave (eight weeks for birthing parent, four weeks for non-birthing parent), free classes, paid continuing education benefits, and many more!
The Human Resources Business Partner - Employee Relations ("HRBP") is responsible for aligning College/business objectives with employees and management. Provides positive employee relations counsel and guidance to supervisors and employees in interpreting CPCC Policies and Procedures as well as federal and state regulations. The HRBP maintains an effective level of awareness about the College's various departments including organizational structure, plans, culture, and needs. Assists with Compensation guidance and provides support to the HR Operations and Talent Acquisition teams.
Characteristics Duties and Responsibilities
1. Serves as a primary contact for questions concerning interpretation and implementation of personnel policies, procedures, and state/federal regulations, providing advice and counsel to employees and supervisors on a variety of issues.
2. Trains supervisors and managers on communication of expectations and feedback, proactive conflict resolution, effective counseling, progressive discipline, and other employee relations topics.
3. Reviews and updates personnel and Human Resources policies and procedures.
4. Monitors ADA, FMLA, and all other employee leave, including conducting the interactive process.
5. Provides human resources partnership and oversight of reorganizations of various college departments.
6. Assists with talent acquisition process by providing guidance to supervisors about the hiring process.
7. Assists in the coordination of initiatives designed to foster an inclusive environment that provides opportunities for continued staff and manager development; promotes a culture of continuous, meaningful, and actionable feedback between all team members.
8. Partners with leaders and peer HR disciplines to make recommendations and propose solutions to ensure high-impact employee engagement programs and activities, including assistance with the Compensation review process.
9. Assists in conducting employee engagement surveys. Coaches leaders to improve the employee experience by executing department-specific action plans.
10. Investigates disciplinary situations and employment law allegations, including, gathering evidence, taking statements, formulating case summaries and making recommendations. Oversees formal disciplinary action process.
11. Conducts exit interviews and reviews exit interview surveys process providing regular feedback to College administration.
12. Assists with monitoring of and provides guidance about the college’s performance evaluation process; coaches and trains supervisors on developing and setting performance standards and conducting employee evaluations.
13. Assists in talent planning, succession planning, and workforce planning processes.
14. Maintains the security and integrity of HR information including personnel files, I-9 forms, employment contacts and documents, and data entry of personnel information. Maintains employee relations information, including confidential files and records of employee evaluations and disciplinary actions.
15. Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements and human resources trends, implementing and suggesting changes accordingly.
16. Performs other duties as assigned and travel to various campuses, as needed.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Worker Characteristics
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to understand when matters are confidential and on a need-to-know basis
- Knowledge of state and federal laws pertaining to employment and labor
- Ability to train supervisors and employees in a diverse environment
- Flexibility and ability to transition easily between numerous tasks
- Ability to use diplomacy and tact in confrontational situations
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- The ability to write reports and proposals in an accurate and timely manner
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Office products
- Experience with HRIS systems, databases and querying or report writing
- Excellent time management skills
How to Apply
Job Post Contact