201 Highway U.S. 321
Dallas, NC 28034
$44,641 / Grade 10 Exempt
Opens: Friday, November 15, 2019
Closes: Friday, January 10, 2020
Closes: Friday, January 10, 2020
Target Start Date
Thursday, January 2, 2020
Expected Work Hours
Typically 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Director-Human Resources, EHS, and Professional Development
Full-Time, Regular Staff
- Associate degree from a regionally accredited college required.
- Minimum three (3) years' experience in human resources required.
- Must be enthusiastic, outgoing, self-driven, and possess a strong work ethic and passion for success.
- Must have the ability to develop positive, respectful professional relationships.
- Must be comfortable presenting to large, small, and diverse groups with the ability to develop rapport.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and facilitation skills required.
- Excellent writing skills required.
- Must possess excellent organization and recordkeeping skills and be detail oriented.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) required.
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited college preferred.
- Professional Development/Training coordination experience preferred.
Open until filled - review of applications will begin 12/2/19.
- Coordinates and administers professional development (PD) programs and activities for the College and is the primary administrator of the Learning Management System (Learn).
- Collaborates with others to determine knowledge, hard/soft skills, and abilities needed for a position, or group and assists with updating position descriptions to properly reflect those needs.
- Performs Professional Development/Training Needs Analysis to determine the correct and most beneficial, cost-effective professional development/training for a person or group.
- Evaluates performance measures, knowledge and/or skill level(s) to determine gaps and coordinates professional development to close those gaps.
- Develops an annual professional development plan (i.e., online and classroom courses or workshops) and optimizes resources to effectively implement that plan.
- Coordinates regular, standardized professional development course surveys and analyzes data for continuous improvement.
- Develops and/or coordinates relevant professional development programs, courses, and/or workshops based on need, including collaborating with the Director-Human Resources and subject matter experts to develop and/or coordinate supervisory/leadership development programs, courses, and/or workshops.
- In collaboration with the Director-Human Resources and the HR Coordinator-Environmental, Health and Safety, develops and/or coordinates the timely completion of Environmental, Health, and Safety (EHS) compliance training.
- Coordinates and promotes professional development events, and manages all details associated with the events such as location/room reservation, venue set-up, computer/technology needs, hospitality, and location/room re-set.
- Coordinates Professional Development Day(s) for the College by serving as the chair of the Professional Development Day Committee, planning the agenda, scheduling breakout sessions and presenters, reserving locations, organizing meals, etc.
- Serves as the College's coordinator/liaison for the Annual Teaching and Learning Conference in collaboration with the representatives from Gaston County Schools.
Maintains accurate and organized records for professional development.
- Coordinates and administers various human resource functions, programs, and services for the College.
- Coordinates the annual performance appraisal process and is the primary administrator of the Performance Management System (Perform).
- Collaborates with the HR Coordinator-Compensation and Benefits to administer the initial probationary performance appraisal process.
- Serves as a backup administrator for the Insight and Onboard Systems.
- Collaborates with the HR Coordinator-Talent Acquisition to perform tasks related to the hiring and selection process including, but not limited to, posting job openings in the Insight System, writing and placing position advertisements, conducting search committee training, scheduling interviews, preparing and maintaining accurate documentation and records, coordinating pre-employment testing, conducting references, and communicating with search committee members and applicants by setting interviews and answering general questions regarding the College and the search process.
- Collaborates with the HR Coordinator-Compensation and Benefits to conduct full- and part-time employee new hire orientation/on-boarding through the Onboard System and/or in-person.Ensures new hire paperwork is completed timely and accurately.Conducts exit interviews as requested.
- Collaborates with the HR Coordinator-Compensation and Benefits to administer and process all leaves of absence including answering questions about and determining leave eligibility, balances, and advising employees and supervisors on the proper procedures and forms for submitting and reviewing requests.Communicates regularly with employees and supervisors regarding leave status and assists verifying and administering leave balances in the Human Resources Management System (HRMS).
- Collaborates with the HR Coordinator-Talent Acquisition to prepare and maintain hardcopy and online employee information directories (e.g., name, telephone, email, office location), and assists with maintaining the Faculty & Staff Directory in the College’s Academic Catalog.
- Answers general HR questions on subjects such as employment, benefits, and policy and procedure.
- Serves as a backup for workers’ compensation administration including employee engagement, completing and submitting hardcopy and/or online claim forms, and ongoing documentation and case management.
- As applicable, assists with projects and activities related to Accessibility.
- Maintains a high standard of professional and ethical practice in representing the College. Maintains confidentiality of human resources information and employee records. Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of the field or discipline with continued adherence to professional accountability. Provides a high level of service to customers by establishing and maintaining effective working relationships and partnerships. Accepts responsibility for managing situations and problems. Works cooperatively with team members and colleagues and contributes positively and constructively to the achievement of team and College objectives. Adheres to the College’s policies, procedures, and other established guidelines. Keeps supervisor informed of concerns relating to position.Serves on various College committees as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact