- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Friday, December 16, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Associates degree; experience with computers and the use of computers to help students job search
- Bachelor’s degree, from an accredited education institution
- A minimum of 3 years teaching experience
Instructor will teach HRD Employability Skills, HRD Technology Awareness, and WorkKeys Test Preparation at the three state prison facilities (Polk, Warren, and Franklin Correctional) in our service area as classes are scheduled. Instructor will also proctor the WorkKeys assessments when scheduled. Must have the flexibility to teach day or evening.
The following listing of essential job duties indicates the general nature and level of work required in this job. This is not designed to be a comprehensive listing of all the activities, duties, or responsibilities that may be required in this job. Individuals assigned to this job may be asked to perform other duties as required. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the job.
- Work with and teach a diverse group of students HRD concepts and employability skills, as it relates to job seeking and keeping.
- Possess a thorough understanding of HRD concepts and core competencies.
- Work well independently, with minimal supervision.
- Be technology savvy and computer literate, able to assist students in using technology to develop employment related documents.
- Adapt to teaching at prison institutions.
- Complete VGCC paperwork with limited assistance and submit items in a timely manner for entering data in system.
- Conduct classes accordingly to establish meeting patterns and notify prison programs Director of any changes.
- Provide feedback to students regarding course progressions.
- Maintain suitable class records, registration forms, attendance forms, evaluation forms, etc.
- Submit paperwork to Director at the end of class in a timely manner.
- Inform Prison Staff and Director of any student issues (attendance, behavior, etc.) as soon as possible.
- Light work that includes moving objects up to 20 pounds.
- Sedentary work that primarily involves sitting/standing.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact