201 Highway 321 South
Dallas, North Carolina, 28034
Closes: Saturday, May 14, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
MINIMUM EDUCATION QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree from a nationally accredited institution required.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum three (3) years of human resources experience, including at least one (1) year of employee relations experience, required.
- Knowledge of state and federal employment laws and regulations required.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills required.
- Strong critical/analytical thinking and decision-making skills required.
- Exceptional customer service skills required.
- Ability to handle confidential information with great sensitivity required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) required.
- Generally, works in a traditional climate-controlled office environment and requires the ability to sit for extended periods.
- Some walking, standing, and bending required, and the ability to lift and maneuver items weighing up to 25 pounds required.
- Work environment can be stressful at times in dealing with a wide variety of challenges and deadlines.
- In addition to regular office hours, position sometimes requires overtime and/or evening hours.
Master’s degree from a nationally accredited institution preferred.
OPEN UNTIL FILLED - Review of applications will begin 2/16/22
Responsible for the coordination and administration of various human resource functions, programs, and services including, but not limited to, employee relations, onboarding, benefits administration, policy and procedure administration, and performance management. Reports to the Director-Human Resources.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinate and implement employee advocacy programs that strengthen communications, support work-life balance, and the College’s mission.
- Work with employees and supervisors to address concerns, resolve problems or handle matters arising from situations at work, and strengthen relationships.
- Remain current, and ensure compliance, with state and federal laws and regulations (e.g., ADA, Title IX, Clery Act, VAWA, etc.), and the State Board of Community College Code (SBCCC).
- Conduct investigations, including Title IX, which may include interviewing, information gathering, documenting, and making recommendations to achieve proper resolution.
- As requested, serve on Conduct, Awareness Response, & Encouragement (CARE) Team and support any activities deemed appropriate to resolve matters that may arise.
- Coordinate and assist with the administration of performance management strategies including coaching and guidance for improvement plans and corrective or disciplinary actions.
- Coordinate the annual performance appraisal process including the distribution of performance appraisals to supervisors, the distribution of pre-appraisal summaries to employees, and follow-up to ensure timely completion. Serve as the administrator of the performance management system (PERFORM).
- Collaborate with the Director-Organizational Development and Safety to provide professional development and training for all employees.
- Conduct exit interviews and make recommendations as appropriate.
- Coordinate and administer the benefits plans and programs for the College including, but not limited to, claims resolution, change reporting, and communicating benefits information to employees.
- Administrate all retirement plans. Assist future retirees with the retirement process including estimates, timelines, and completing paperwork.
- Coordinate, direct, and market the annual Benefits Fair and make a concerted effort to encourage employees to participate.
- Serve as the primary administrator of the Onboard System. Maintain and update information in the system, as needed.
- Assist in the development, administration, revision, and implementation of College policies and procedures.
- Administer unemployment claims including, but not limited to, records management, scheduling, and coordinating hearings.
- Serve as back-up for talent acquisition (INSIGHT), compensation, payroll, and leave of absence plans.
- Maintain a high standard of professional and ethical practice in representing the College. Maintain confidentiality of human resources information and employee records. Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of the field or discipline with continued adherence to professional accountability. Provide a high level of service to customers by establishing and maintaining effective working relationships and partnerships. Accept responsibility for managing situations and problems. Work cooperatively with team members and colleagues, contributing positively and constructively to the achievement of team and College objectives. Adhere to the College’s policies, procedures, and other established guidelines. Serve on College teams and committees.
- Perform other duties as assigned, including special projects.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact