Central Campus - Hall Building
Closes: Friday, January 14, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Associate Degree from a regionally accredited institution and/or at least three years’ experience in Human Resources
Bachelor’s Degree in human resources, business administration or related field
PHR, SPHR or other HR Certification
Experience with HRIS systems
Human Resources Generalist position available in the Human Resources Department located on Central Campus - Hall Building.
Are you looking for a place to work that has heartbeat and soul? Are you wanting to work with a group of people who have more passion about their roles than you will find in most organizations? Are you looking for a place to work where you can make a significant difference in peoples’ lives and improve the local community? Are you looking to make a direct impact on the organization that you work for, all while maintaining your sense of individualism and creativity? If you answered “Yes” to any of these questions, then Central Piedmont Community College may be the place for you.
We are looking for an HR Generalist who cares about those who work with them, but can also drive change. You can see the job description below, but in essence, this HR Generalist role will provide support and guidance to our employees and the Human Resources department in many different ways.
The minimum for the role is $42,935 and salary may be negotiable. Working at Central Piedmont is about more than the pay. We hope you look at this role and Central Piedmont, and realize everything it has to offer, including a pension (yes, really!), three weeks of vacation time and twelve days of sick time your first year, 14 holidays, short-term disability for up to one year (if needed), low health benefits premiums (as low as $25/month for individual employee), general flexibility to pursue your goals/interests, option to work only four days during the summer, paid parental leave, free classes, paid continuing education benefits, and many more!
Anticipated hiring date: February 1, 2021
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday 81m - 5pm
Hours per week: 40 hours.
This position will provide support to the Human Resources department by running the regular HR functions, including compensation, leaves, and benefits, while also providing support to all other HR functions on an as needed basis, with a focus on improving efficiency and user experience for Central Piedmont employees and supervisors.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
1. Supports HR Business Partners with a variety of tasks, including but not limited to disciplinary matters, investigations, trainings, personnel file maintenance and entering data for a variety of processes.
2. Responds to routine inquiries related to all HR functions with while providing excellent customer service, referring matters to the appropriate parties, as needed.
3. Organizing compensation-related documents, managing website content, maintaining pay grades, generating reports, compiling data for surveys and researching market data.
4. Assists with the job description review process, including job analysis and drafting job descriptions.
5. Processes and approves pay adjustments, such as raises and stipend requests.
6. Reviews leave documentation and processes in the HR system.
7. Provides support as needed for benefits administration, including responding to inquiries and assisting employees through benefits enrollment and retirement.
8. Maintains compliance with College policies and procedures, and federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, providing input for best practices and suggests process improvements.
9. Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in HR.
10. Upholds employee confidentiality to the highest standard.
11. Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Characteristics
* Demonstrated knowledge of the HR field and state and federal employment regulations
* Knowledge of typical office procedures
* Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication abilities
* Pro-active customer service orientation
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills
* Good mathematical skills and attention to details
* Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
* Excellent organizational skills; ability to prioritize and handle multiple assignments in a fast- paced environment
* Ability to maintain confidentiality
How to Apply
Job Post Contact