- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Saturday, December 31, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Required Educational Background:
- Bachelor’s degree in a human services related field
Required Industry Experience:
- Two years of full-time experience in a human service field
- Master’s degree in a human services related field
- Licensure or certification in a human services related field
- Community college teaching experience
- Experience teaching online classes
At Central Carolina Community College, we create transformative lifelong learning opportunities! We expect all employees to find ways to remove barriers to student success and provide all students a pathway to achievable dreams. Our employees are charged to recognize the challenges we face and to respond to them with empathy, understanding, and a willingness to help.
Adjunct faculty at Central Carolina Community College facilitate transformative lifelong learning by incorporating discipline-specific learning outcomes through active learning opportunities, lectures, hands-on skill development, assignments, appropriate classroom management, etc. Faculty provide authentic student assessment that allows students to improve their knowledge and skills with each assignment. Faculty focus on student success by establishing meaningful connections with students early in the semester to support the varying needs of each student throughout the semester.
Diversity Policy: Central Carolina Community College believes the college experience is greatly enriched through diversity; therefore, the college encourages diversity of thought within the student body and staff. Furthermore, the college seeks to promote awareness of diversity and the respect for all individuals, and the college pledges to adhere to this mission in its relationship with the community.
- Embrace the institutional goals of Central Carolina Community College by engaging students as full partners in the learning process, removing barriers to student progression in courses, and supporting and assisting students in achieving their educational and career goals.
- Use student learning outcomes to create a variety of activities, assignments, and assessments that ensure curriculum goals will be met.
- Create a dynamic instructional environment that promotes a positive, interactive, and inclusive learning experience for all students.
- Maintain a Blackboard course with a syllabus and gradebook for each class.
- Grade all assignments in a timely manner and ensure that all grades are reported within the 10-day college grading policy.
- Provide personalized and constructive feedback on student assignments by recognizing what students did well and identifying attainable improvements for future work.
- Respond to all student communication within two business days.
- Report attendance weekly.
- Assume other duties as assigned.
- Recognizing and respecting the variety of experiences and contributions represented by all of our students, employees, and community, the Human Services Technology Adjunct Instructor will encourage a learning environment where everyone is supported and valued for their unique perspectives and experiences, and will foster and promote the participation of all members of our diverse communities.
- Participate in activities required to maintain program and/or college accreditation standards.
- Attend advisory board meetings as requested by your supervisor.
- Engage in a minimum of 5 hours of professional development each year.
- Maintain current knowledge of your discipline and renew industry credentials, as needed.
- Attend departmental, divisional, and college wide meetings.
- Cultivate a culture of care and advocacy through compassion, inclusion, opportunity, integrity, courage, and people.