- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Monday, October 12, 2020
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Individual must have an associate’s degree, bachelor’s preferred, in HVACR, Electrical, Electronic or Automation Engineering or related field. Must have documented HVACR industry recognized licensure and credentials. Minimum of five years relevant industry experience.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and abilities required to satisfactorily perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
Principles and practices of computers and related software
Assigned program and activities
Community organizations, public agencies, and other resources for assigned programs and activities.
Educational tools, assessments, and other methods for the assigned programs and activities.
Communicate effectively verbally and in writing
Operate a computer and related software
Maintain effective working relationships with others
Plan and organize programs and activities
Understand and coordinate efforts with a wide range of organiztions and special populations
NCCER Certified Craft Instructor preferred.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to the following:
- Assume responsibility for teaching assignments as recommended by the department chair and approved by the dean.
- Facilitate the learning process by designing and implementing instructional activities that are appropriate and meaningful.
- Keep abreast of current technology; incorporate latest instructional technologies and interactive learning technologies in course delivery.
- Must collaborate with industry partners to ensure relevancy of the curriculum and provide necessary training and education.
- Must possess the knowledge, skills and experience to provide effective instruction in advanced manufacturing, industrial and residential topics related to HVACR comfort technology.
- Adhere to departmental course guidelines and ensure that content covers SACSCOC approved competencies.
- Develop and maintain student learning outcomes for each instructional area.
- Fulfill the duties of skills training instructor in supervision of students as applicable, and maintain a clean, safe, and efficient skills training environment.
- Assume responsibility for maintaining all required college records, including attendance and grade reports, roll books, etc.
- Evaluate student performance using methods appropriate to the course.
- Maintain, review, and update course descriptions, objectives, and outlines for courses of instruction and develop new courses of study as necessary.
- Make recommendations to department chairs and deans for selection of supplies, equipment, equipment repairs, textbooks for courses and the scheduling of classroom and laboratory facilities.
- Participate in departmental activities relative to revising and updating the program(s) in the area of expertise.
- Assist with development of new programs in the area of expertise.
- Assist with college activities to include SkillsUSA
- Provide assistance to advisees.
- Participate in department and college-wide advising activities.
- Learn and maintain proficiency with program requirements of assigned advisees.
- Use the college’s student information system and college approved retention software to assist and retain students.
- Follow up on all assigned advisees.
- Attend training sessions relative to advising.
- Assist in program recruitment and monitor student retention.
- Maintain current licensure, certification, or other professional credentials required for the position.
- Participate in a minimum of 10 hours of professional development activities in an academic year.
- Attend all required department and college-wide meetings.
- Serve on committees as required.
- Participate in college-wide activities.
- Assist in planning and conducting advisory committee meetings.
- Provide quality customer service to students, faculty and staff.
- Other duties may be assigned.
How to Apply
Inquiries may be made by contacting Tiina Mundy, Director of Human Resources, Bladen Community College, P.O. Box 266, Dublin, NC 28332, Telephone 910.879.5556, or www.bladencc.edu Applicants must apply online at https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/bladencc/. Unofficial copies of academic transcripts must be submitted (if employed, official copies will be required). Review of applications begins October 12, 2020; however, applications will be accepted until a suitable candidate is identified. EOE/AA