Haywood Community College, 185 Freedlander Dr, Clyde, NC 28721
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Wednesday, May 31, 2023
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- HVACR experience at a minimum journey- or technician-level (at least 4 years) -or-
a minimum of 3 years’ experience as a certified HVACR trades teacher in a vocational/technical construction or maintenance-related training program
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Strong computer skills and commitment to the use of technology in instruction
- Ability to work effectively and collegially with others in a team environment
- Familiarity with and appreciation for the mission of a comprehensive community college
- Associates Degree in HVACR from a regionally accredited institution and/or
H-2 or H-3 (Type I or II) NC HVAC licensure
- EPA Section 608 Technician certification (Type I, II, III, or Universal)
- Proven experience in mentoring
- Prior teaching experience in a community college
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
The instructor is responsible for delivering classroom/lab instruction and supervision for the HVACR program, including planning, implementation, and evaluation of program components, services, and related activities. The instructor will work closely with the Construction Technologies Coordinator in matters related to and for the benefit of the specific program.
*This is a grant-funded position with course hours in the evenings. Advertisement will be open until filled*
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
- Promote College mission, values, and vision
- Teach assigned courses to meet program needs
- Evaluate student progress and provide appropriate feedback
- Prepare lesson plans, course overviews, and course syllabi
- Use and promote appropriate technology to enhance student learning outcomes
- Plan classes
- Maintain equipment and ensure proper storage and security of supplies
- Determine need for supplies and ensure proper storage
- Maintain cleanliness of class/grounds/lab area
- Assist in the evaluation of courses and programs
- Prepare and submit attendance records, reports, and grades established by institutional policy
- Perform other tasks as assigned which support the mission and initiatives of the College
- Learn new guidelines and procedures for state and national certification requirements
- Create a student-centered environment for on and off campus students
- Work toward operational excellence and continuous improvement of processes, and seek help from advisory committees
- Implement innovative strategies to meet the needs of students, and improve processes
- Interact with co-workers and perform tasks with the highest level of integrity
- Work cooperatively with faculty, staff, students, and our learning community
- Promote and support HCC’s mission, vision, and values, and promote and support coworkers in the most positive manner possible
How to Apply
The following is necessary for consideration:
- Official Haywood Community College employment application online found at our jobs page: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/haywoodedu. Please call Beverly Balliot with any questions or if you are unable to complete the online application for any reason.
- The application must be complete for consideration - do not reference resume. A resume is suggested but does not take the place of any questions or details that you need to provide in order to be qualified for the position. Unofficial transcripts must be included for the application process. Most unofficial transcripts can be downloaded from college/university websites. Official transcripts of all secondary education must be submitted to Human Resources within 10 days of any offer of employment.
- References may not be a current HCC employee. Candidates must provide three professional references with email addresses. At least one reference must be a current or previous supervisor.
- College screening committee is responsible for application review, interviews, and recommends the candidate to HR. Upon completion of the hire process in HR, President approval is required in the hire of a candidate.
- HCC is a tobacco free campus
HCC is an equal opportunity institution and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity, sex, age, disability, genetic information and veteran status.
Haywood Community College (HCC) is part of the North Carolina Community College System and is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges & Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC). Founded in 1965, it is an open-door institution with the mission to foster an environment that meets the educational needs of the communities it serves, promotes student success in higher education and in the workplace, and facilitates economic development. This includes programs for Haywood County high school students through Career and College Promise and Haywood Early College. The college campus, a designated arboretum, boasts one of the most beautiful college campuses in the state with an iconic mill pond, a productive greenhouse, dahlia gardens, an orchard garden and a rhododendron garden.