286 ICC Loop Rd
Spindale, NC 28160
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Monday, November 15, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Associate’s Degree in a related field, required
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field, preferred
- Community college teaching experience, preferred
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships within an education setting; plan, organize, and implement programs and services; and provide tracking and assessment to ensure quality, preferred
- Commitment to the learning-centered environment, preferred
- Experience in secondary and/or postsecondary education, preferred.
In support of the overall Learning College the i-TECH Instructor/Coordinator will provide high quality learning experience for college students. In addition to teaching courses in manufacturing related curricula this person will coordinate the promotion and delivery of a manufacturing curriculum program that focuses on career opportunities in the advanced manufacturing industries. Position is contingent on the annual allocation of grant funds for a period one year. The intention is to achieve outcomes that will allow the college to sustain the position beyond the grant period.
- i-TECH Instructor
- Teach courses in Mechanical Engineering Technology and Manufacturing Technology for the i-TECH program.
- Develop, revise, and maintain course documents and curriculum for i-TECH courses.
- Demonstrate a commitment to the Learning College initiative.
- Be supportive of students’ learning goals.
- Be prompt and accurate in the recording and reporting of student data.
- Maintain prompt communication with supervisor.
- Assist the dean in recruiting, cultivating, and retaining quality adjunct faculty.
- Assist the dean and lead instructors in the procurement of equipment and supplies.
- Assist with events designed to promote awareness of Tutoring Center services.
- Serve on the Mechanical Engineering Technology/Manufacturing Technology Advisory Committee.
- Actively participate in college committees and/or college-wide activities as elected or assigned.
- Serve as an academic advisor and assist in the registration process.
- Perform expectations of a faculty member as stated in Full-Time Faculty Job Description https://www.isothermal.edu/manual/human-resources/performance/assets/ft-faculty-position-description.pdf
- i-TECH Coordinator
- Facilitate curriculum planning and scheduling between secondary and postsecondary subject areas.
- Plan and execute events to promote and recruit for the i-TECH program.
- Develop marketing materials designed to inform potential students about curriculum programs and manufacturing career pathways.
- Establish relationships with secondary schools and college liaisons in the service area to market i-TECH enrollment opportunities.
- Coordinate campus tours and experiences that promote i-TECH and career opportunities for high school students and adult learners.
- Travel to local secondary schools to coordinate with counselors, recruit students, and promote the i-TECH program.
- Coordinate with regional industry to develop work-based learning and apprenticeship opportunities.
- Other duties as assigned
How to Apply
Job Post Contact