- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Friday, July 23, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Associate’s Degree in Industrial Systems Technology or a related field, and
- One year Industrial experience.
- Strong knowledge of industrial systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Bachelor's degree in Industrial Systems or a related field
- Work experience in the maintenance industry or similar field
- Education or experience in PLC’s, Hydraulics & Pneumatics, Motor & Controls, & Electrical Controls
- Electrical and/or Industrial licensures and/or certifications
- College and/or high school teaching experience
- Experience using Blackboard
At Central Carolina Community College, we create transformative lifelong learning opportunities! We expect all employees to find ways to remove barriers to student success and provide all students a pathway to achievable dreams. Our employees are charged to recognize the challenges we face and to respond to them with empathy, understanding, and a willingness to help.
The purpose of an instructor at the Central Carolina Community College is to ensure maximum student learning. The instructor accomplishes this by presenting discipline specific learning outcomes through lecture, lab, demonstration, projects, assignments, appropriate classroom management, and by providing authentic student assessment that documents learning has occurred.
The Industrial Systems Technologies Adjunct Instructor position will be based on the Lee Main campus in Sanford and may include course sections in Lee, Chatham, or Harnett counties as well as some online teaching.
Diversity Policy: Central Carolina Community College believes the college experience is greatly enriched through diversity; therefore, the college encourages diversity of thought within the student body and staff. Furthermore, the college seeks to promote awareness of diversity and the respect for all individuals, and the college pledges to adhere to this mission in its relationship with the community.
- Teach as needed including curriculum, continuing education, and industry training courses.
- Prepare, maintain, and distribute for all scheduled courses the current course outlines and syllabi that support accreditation standards as described in the current faculty handbook.
- Prepare for and meet classes as assigned, promptly evaluate student progress within one week and maintain a safe learning environment.
- Demonstrate concern for student retention by employing best practice strategies.
- Assist in maintaining department/curriculum equipment, supplies, and materials, and library and support resources.
- Assist in registration and orientation as requested by the supervisor.
- Participate in scheduled and called departmental, faculty, staff meetings and other College activities.
- Keep supervisor informed of matters pertaining to the curriculum.
- Follow policies stated in the policies and procedures manual as it relates to instructor responsibilities.
- Obtain Blackboard Level II training as well as maintain a Bb course site for each course taught during the semester.
- Submit records and forms in a timely fashion as required in the policy and procedures manual.
- Cooperate with Continuing Education Department personnel and Director of Industry Services in the development of credit and non-credit courses, course outlines, and in the teaching of courses, as needed.
- Encourage and support College activities, policies, procedures, and philosophies. Assume other duties as requested by the supervisor and the College.
- Be responsible for and perform other such duties as may be assigned.