Asheville-Buncombe Technical Community College
Asheville, North Carolina
Closes: Monday, May 16, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Minimum Requirements (Applicant must meet all of the minimum requirements)
1. Bachelor’s degree;
2. One year of full-time or equivalent experience working in FDA/USDA (or equivalent) food, beverage, or natural product production environments including formulation, fill, packaging and labeling within a relevant manufacturing environment or relevant regulatory experience;
3. Experience using computer hardware and software, including Microsoft Office and Internet resources;
4. Valid driver’s license.
1. Master’s degree or higher in the area of expertise or five years of documented work experience in the field;
2. Five years of full-time or equivalent experience working in a cGMP environment including experience with documentation, quality, and/or regulatory experience;
3. Experience teaching in Higher Education;
4. Technical writing experience;
5. Industry recognized certifications:
o IHA HACCP
o Preventive Controls for Human Foods
o Seafood HACCP
o BRC/SQF Auditor
o Documentation with an SQF/BRC system
6. Experience in creating and delivering training programs using adult learning principles ;
7. Proficiency in a foreign language such as Spanish, an East Slavic language, and/or American Sign Language.
Job Description Summary
This position will be responsible for developing and delivering training in assigned areas. This position will contribute to BioNetwork by instructing and supervising students in the areas of Food, Beverage, Dietary Supplement, and Cosmetic in regulatory, safety, and production-related topics.
This position is part of a statewide BioNetwork program funded by the North Carolina Community College System. Asheville-Buncombe Technical Community College serves as the fiscal agent for this position. Daily operational and supervisory activities are conducted and managed by BioNetwork.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the essential job functions satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary job functions herein described
This position will be an employee of A-B Technical Community College but will be hosted at the college in the county the successful candidate lives in or adjacent to. This position will offer a blend of onsite, in-office, and remote work.
1. Delivers training both on-site at the BioNetwork Food, Beverage, & Natural Products Center at A-B Tech and off-site across North Carolina. Significant Travel is expected.
2. Develops short courses and training modules in areas of expertise with an emphasis on food safety and FDA regulatory compliance processes with topics including 21 CFR, food safety hazards, HACCP, current Good Manufacturing Practices, Food Safety Modernization Act, Preventive Controls for Human Foods/Animal Foods, Food Defense, environmental monitoring, cleaning, sanitation and documentation/technical writing according to current regulatory and industry standards.
3. Monitors industry trends and benchmark practices in other states and countries.
4. Maintains currency in the field of expertise, training, and instructional development, and in the course, delivery to ensure best practices in designing and delivering education and training.
5. Develops reports related to established metrics that assess the effectiveness of our programs and gauge the needs of the industry sector.
6. Maintains effective positive working relationships with industry representatives, BioNetwork colleagues, community college staff, and the general public.
7. Represents BioNetwork at meetings, conferences, and presentations by the promotion of our resources, capabilities, and programs to internal and external customers.
8. Contributes to the College Vision, Mission, Values, and RISE statement.
9. Supports workforce diversity in all its aspects.
10. Other tasks as assigned by the Director of Food, Beverage, and Natural Products