Blue Ridge Community College, Flat Rock, North Carolina; Henderson County
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Wednesday, April 22, 2020
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Come Join Our TEAM!
Blue Ridge Community College is currently seeking applications for an Information Technology Coordinator. The Information Technology Coordinator serves as a faculty leader and faculty member with administrative oversight for the Information Technology (IT) and Simulation and Game Development (SGD) programs on a variety of student, faculty, budget, planning and personnel issues. The Coordinator is responsible for supervising IT and SGD programs. Administrative oversight includes the coordination and development of long and short-range plans for IT and SGD programs, evaluating and giving feedback to faculty on instructional performance, and development of initiatives to ensure faculty remain current in their respective disciplines as well as college policy and procedures. As a faculty member, the Coordinator performs the instructional and reporting expectations of faculty including appropriate course loads. This load may include seated, hybrid, and online classes with day and evening course assignments, which may include courses at any campus location or at any area high school. The position will be based on the Henderson County campus.
Education: Bachelors’ degree in Information Technology or related field required. Masters’ Degree from an accredited institution with a concentration in Information Technology or related area preferred.
Experience: A minimum of two years’ verifiable supervisory experience in the last 10 years in information technology or related field required. Applicant should have a vision for the future direction of the IT Industry and be able to design educational programs to make IT graduates ready for the workforce.
Knowledge and Skills:
Demonstrate proficiency using technology relevant to the course(s) being taught including any of the following subject areas:
• Microsoft Office Suite or similar productivity suite products
• General programming and computer science concepts as well as basic UML diagramming
• Intermediate Java programming, artificial intelligence and/or virtual reality
• Android Mobile App and responsive HTML5 design and development
• Fundamental TCP/IP networking concepts and strong Cisco IOS, switch and router configuration
• General PC and Mac hardware and software technical support and troubleshooting knowledge
• Information Security concepts and administration
• Core HTML concepts and website creation and administration skills using WordPress
The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of several, but not necessarily all, of the areas outlined above.
The following knowledge and skills are also required of this candidate.
• Strong personal and professional integrity, good verbal and written communication skills, strong analytical skills, data-driven thinking, and a commitment to safety.
• Student-centered mindset
• Solution-centered mindset, works well in a team setting
• Team player who contributes to a positive environment and a department workplace emphasizing institutional core values
• Ability to develop and maintain positive and collaborative working relationships with community organizations, high school partners, college staff, and the general public.
• Flexible schedule- is available in the evenings and on weekends as needed
Physical Demands: The ability to perform all duties associated with the position including, but not limited to lifting, prolonged standing, sitting, bending, stooping, and operating or performing work with associated tools and machines.
Blue Ridge Community College is an Equal Employment Opportunity Institution.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact