Flat Rock, NC
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Tuesday, February 28, 2023
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
The primary purpose of the Instructor of Information Technology position is to sustain teaching performance at appropriate college levels for all assigned student populations to include course loads, instructional technology, instructional materials and innovative communication delivery in the information technology related disciplines. Perform record keeping functions in the areas of attendance, student performance assessment, and data collection in an accurate and timely manner. The desired start date for this position is August 1, 2023.
To be considered for this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser to apply directly on our website.
What You'll be Doing
- Student advisement in the areas of academic planning and learning support
- Participate in a wide variety of extra-curricular committee and campus support functions, to include: scholarships, grants, campus marketing, accreditation, inter-institutional and system cooperative programs (NCCCS Program Alignment Projects, etc.)
- Program planning and support of any institutional effectiveness systems (Program Assessment Plans, etc.)
- Support program by developing and maintaining an advisory committee
- Manage budget and curriculum scheduling for the program
- Maintain positive working relationships with all college employees while at the same time demonstrating sensitivity to and respect for a diverse population
- Maintain mastery and currency in the fields of information technology
- Market, recruit and retain students in respective information technology programs
- Ensure compliance and confidentiality with all policies and procedures of the College, NC Community College System, and applicable State and Federal agencies
- Availability for occasional night and weekend assignments
- Additional responsibilities as assigned by the Chair, Dean, and Vice President for Instruction.
Required: Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field or equivalent industry certifications/experience.
Preferred: Master's Degree from an accredited institution with a concentration in Information Technology or related area.
All persons must provide verifiable and relevant professional experience in a work-place setting or demonstrated instructional/teaching environment. The ideal candidate will possess a minimum of 2 years of recent professional experience in information technology.
Skills and the Know-How
The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of several, but not necessarily all, of the areas outlined below.
- Microsoft Office Suite or similar productivity suite products
- General programming and computer science concepts as well as basic UML diagramming
- Intermediate Java programming, artificial intelligence and/or virtual reality
- Android Mobile App and responsive HTML5 design and development
- Fundamental TCP/IP networking concepts and strong Cisco IOS, switch and router configuration
- General PC and Mac hardware and software technical support and troubleshooting knowledge
- Information Security concepts and administration
- Core HTML concepts and website creation and administration skills using WordPress
- Strong personal and professional integrity, good verbal and written communication skills, strong analytical skills, data-driven thinking, detail-oriented and a commitment to safety.
- Student-centered mindset
- Solution-centered mindset, works well in a team setting
- Team player who contributes to a positive environment and a department workplace emphasizing institutional core values
- Ability to develop and maintain positive and collaborative working relationships with community organizations, high school partners, college staff, and the general public.
- Flexible schedule- is available in the evenings and on weekends as needed
The ability to perform all duties associated with the position including, but not limited to lifting, prolonged standing, sitting, bending, stooping, and operating or performing work with associated tools and machines.
Blue Ridge is an Equal Employment Opportunity Institution
How to Apply
Job Post Contact