Primarily Mooresville Campus
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Sunday, June 30, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Minimum Education Qualification: Associate Degree in the IT field.
Preferred Education Qualification: Master's degree in IT or related field with a minimum of 18 graduate hours in IT.
Other Preferred Qualification: have professional experience in the IT field, can develop hands-on labs to supplement lectures, have experience teaching in a community college setting, and have experience with Moodle Learning Management System.
Part-time instructors are responsible, under the supervision of the appropriate dean and area coordinator, for effectively teaching the courses assigned. Each instructor is also responsible for the related duties of the position required to meet the instructional objectives of the institution. Instructional activities require, among other things, subject matter expertise and a thorough preparation for every class.
Knowledge & Responsibilities
- Be thoroughly prepared for each lecture, lab, clinical, or shop time;
- Be available to students outside of class time through e-mail, telephone, and individual meetings as needed;
- Attend any required faculty, division, or departmental meetings. Such meetings are optional or by invitation for most part-time instructors;
- Accurately complete and submit all required reports and student records by stated deadlines and return all college materials and grade books at the end of each semester; and
- Comply with college policies and procedures as defined in the Policy Manual.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact