Information Technology Services Director
Main Campus, Graham, NC
Closes: Thursday, May 11, 2023
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
OPEN UNTIL FILLED
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related area; and over 10 years related experience, preferably including some experience within the NC community college system. Or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Applicable hardware, software, and systems;
- Network design, maintenance, and implementation practices and procedures;
- Client/server environments;
- Network operating systems;
- Diagnostic tools and equipment;
- Operating system software and administration principles and practices;
- System configuration principles and practices;
- System security principles;
- Customer service principles;
- Project management principles;
- Research methods;
- Applicable hand tools and diagnostic equipment;
- Managerial principles.
- Installing hardware, software, network, and peripheral equipment;
- Utilizing diagnostic analyzers and related equipment and tools;
- Researching and selecting required materials and equipment;
- Implementing system improvements;
- Developing and configuring technological platforms, networks, and systems;
- Troubleshooting and repairing hardware, software, and systems;
- Providing customer service;
- Researching methods, best practices, and system equipment;
- Managing projects;
- Communicating technical information to a non-technical audience;
- Monitoring and evaluating employees;
- Prioritizing and assigning work;
- Utilizing communication and interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisor, the general public, and others sufficient to exchange or convey information.
Positions in this class typically require: climbing, balancing, stooping, reaching, standing, walking, fingering, grasping, talking, hearing, and seeing.
Light Work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or negligible amount of force routinely to move objects.
This is the fourth level in the Information Technology Services (ITS) Series. Incumbents are responsible for managing College wide information technology systems or programs. Responsibilities may include: providing technical leadership, vision, and oversight for functional areas within the ITS function; planning, evaluating, and monitoring College wide applications and database projects; and evaluating new technology that will benefit the College and accomplish the College's computing mission.
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES:
- Provides technical leadership, vision, and oversight for functional areas within the ITS function; work may involve overseeing day-to-day operations related to managing, maintaining, monitoring, upgrading, developing, mitigating risk related to, and supporting ITS systems, including networks, servers, PCs, cloud and internet services, and other software, hardware, and peripherals
- Plans, evaluates, and monitors College wide applications and database projects to ensure timely completion and alignment with College goals, budgets, policies, and procedures; work may involve prioritizing projects, and coordinating with internal departments and external agencies, including vendors, to identify project needs and facilitate project operations
- Evaluates, recommends, and/or implements new technology solutions beneficial for the College; work may involve researching product and other information; preparing budgets; managing licenses and agreements; and coordinating with internal departments/personnel, external agencies, and other key stakeholders to identify needs, make recommendations, and gather and communicate information
- Supervises staff to include: prioritizing and assigning work; setting work deadlines; monitoring and ensuring adequate staffing levels; conducting performance evaluations; addressing complaints, resolving problems, or instituting changes; ensuring staff are trained; ensuring that employees follow policies, procedures, and approved work methods; maintaining a healthy and safe working environment; and making hiring, termination, and discipline recommendations
- Supports IT and other department operations by providing end user support, and identifying and troubleshooting technical problems related to networks, servers, desktops, operating systems, programs, and application software systems
- Serves on assigned committees and as the College’s Chief Information Security Officer
- Performs other duties of a similar nature or level
How to Apply
An ACC on-line application MUST be fully completed for consideration, which includes a required letter of interest and transcript attachment. Resume attachments are welcome but will not be accepted in lieu of complete application. Transcript MUST be scanned and attached in order to be considered for this position!
Here is the link to apply: https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/alamanceccedu/jobs/3612429/informatio...