Flat Rock, NC
Closes: Friday, September 30, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Serve as the College’s primary professional support staff for Innovative High Schools students, administration, and faculty. Foster the development of positive relationships between the College and Henderson County Public Schools by bridging the gap and maintaining open lines of communication.
Why it’s Important
The Blue Ridge team is excited by every opportunity to be creative, innovative, and engaging. We do this by working alongside our Staff and Faculty to ensure we provide a modern, technologically advanced institution for the community. We are here to support our Students to ensure they reach their highest potential. Our team engages with the community to ensure that we are consistently meeting standards and then rising above them. Guiding students along their educational journey is our calling and we are looking for like-minded teammates to help us serve our community. Whether a student is entering the workforce for the first time, entering a new profession, or just expanding their knowledge, we are here to provide the necessary tools to accomplish all their goals. Working together, no elevation is too high, and no summit is unreachable.
What You'll be Doing
- Collaborate with Innovative High Schools and Blue Ridge Community College staff to ensure coordination of high school and college schedules that allow access to required coursework.
- Provide high school students with accurate information concerning current career opportunities, along with the required education and/or training, and how Blue Ridge Community College can help meet those education and training needs.
- Advise and register Innovative High Schools students for their Blue Ridge Community College courses.
- Coordinate the use of college facilities.
- Manage inventory, purchase, and distribution of college textbooks.
- Teach ACA 122 College Transfer Success to graduating HCEC students each Fall – typically 2 sections each semester.
- Administer placement test for IHS students and advise students on appropriate course
- Recruit students for Innovative High Schools.
- Provide support to students through collaboration with the Innovative High Schools counselors and CTE coordinators in meetings with students for personal and academic concerns and interventions, leading student small group sessions, and advising during home room.
- Participate in events such as Parent Night, Open House, etc.
- Assist in planning orientation for incoming Innovative High Schools students.
- Work closely with Innovative High Schools and Blue Ridge Community College faculty and staff to meet students’ needs and to monitor students’ progress.
- Facilitate cooperative planning to align secondary and postsecondary expectations.
- Coordinate graduation with Innovative High Schools and Blue Ridge Community Colleges facilities.
- Ensure compliance and confidentiality with all policies and procedures of the College, NC Community College System, and applicable State and Federal agencies.
Educate the College and the community at large concerning Innovative High Schools.
- Coordinate efforts with Blue Ridge Community College’s Student Life Coordinator to promote involvement of Innovative High Schools students with campus clubs and activities.
- Collaborate with College and high school disability access service staff to ensure proper support.
- Participate on the Innovative High Schools Leadership Team and Henderson County School Improvement Team.
- Maintain technical competencies necessary to the job function.
- Maintain a flexible schedule which may include some evenings, weekends, and travel
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
If you are interested in learning more about this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser to apply directly on our website.
- Masters Degree in education, administration, counseling, or similar field required. Three years experience at postsecondary institution preferred.
- Bilingual preferred, at a minimum, the ability to understand and to make one’s self understood to all Spanish speaking individuals
Skills and the Know-How
- The ideal candidate will possess strong personal and professional integrity, good verbal and written communication skills, and a commitment to safety. Ability to work well independently as well as within a team environment. Strong leadership skills as well as excellent customer service and/or people skills. Self-motivated with emphasis on follow through for task completion. Microsoft Office computer skills and ability to use the College computer information system, Colleague.
The ability to perform all duties associated with the position including, but not limited to lifting, prolonged standing, sitting, bending, stooping, and operating or performing work with associated tools and machines.
Blue Ridge is an Equal Employment Opportunity Institution
How to Apply
Job Post Contact