Institutional Effectiveness Coordinator
201 Highway U.S. 321
Dallas, NC 28034
201 Highway 321 South
Dallas, North Carolina, 28034
Opens: Monday, February 13, 2023
Closes: Friday, June 30, 2023
Closes: Friday, June 30, 2023
Target Start Date
Monday, April 3, 2023
Expected Work Hours
MINIMUM EDUCATION QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution required.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS
- At least two years of demonstrated experience using computer software programs and implementing computer technologies required.
- Experience with database applications and proficiency in MS Office, with strong skills in Excel required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, excellent organizational skills, with an attention to detail required.
- Generally, works in a traditional climate-controlled office environment and requires the ability to sit for extended periods.
- Some walking, standing, and bending, with the ability to lift and maneuver items weighing up to 15 pounds required.
- Work environment can be stressful at times in dealing with a wide variety of challenges and deadlines.
- In addition to regular office hours, position sometimes requires overtime and/or evening hours.
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution in a related field (e.g., computer science, data science, information systems, social science, educational research, statistics, or a closely related field) preferred.
- Master’s degree from a regionally accredited institution preferred.
- Experience with large databases and quantitative analytical tools, including any of the following Datatel Colleague, Entrinsik Informer, SAS, SPSS, or SQL preferred.
- Experience delivering analysis using Microsoft Power BI, Tableau, Entrinsik Informer or similar visualization technology preferred.
- Higher education experience preferred.
OPEN UNTIL FILLED
The Institutional Effectiveness Coordinator supports institutional efforts to maintain and enhance a data-driven environment by assisting the Associate Vice President of Institutional Effectiveness.This position plays a key role in promoting a culture of evidence and inquiry and broad-based engagement by providing information and analysis for decision-making and continual improvement. Reports to Associate Vice President of Institutional Effectiveness.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Research, collect, interpret, and analyze a variety of data for college planning activities, program review, annual reporting requirements, specialized program accreditation, strategic planning, and SACSCOC accreditation processes.
- Synthesize a broad, detailed knowledge of reporting and analytical tools, and keep current with new and emerging technologies and processes.
- Employ appropriate programming (typically SAS, SQL, Informer, and Excel) to identify populations and select samples, write queries, extract data, clean data, perform statistical analyses, and render reports through various mediums.
- Investigate and diagnose problematic data areas, verify data integrity, and determine and evaluate options for resolution.
- Create and maintain dashboards using Microsoft Power BI, Tableau, Entrinsik Informer or similar visualization technology.
- Support institutional compliance with federal, state, contracted services, grants, and accrediting organizations’ laws, rules, regulations, and requirements.
- Collaborate with end users and validate reports for quality assurance.
- Translate reporting requests to accurately portray the information needs into usable information for quality and compliance issues.
- Analyze data to enhance understanding of student experiences and effectiveness of student support strategies and interventions.
- Collaborate with College leadership to identify data analysis needs and then assist in the collection, analysis, and interpretation of data to meet those needs.
- Educate the campus community on comprehending and effectively using data results.
- Partake in the planning and evaluation process for faculty and department chairs for the performance appraisal process and program review.
- Develop survey instruments with input from faculty, staff, and administration.
- Oversee the administration of surveys and the collection, tabulation, and compilation of survey results.
- Coordinate responses to questionnaires submitted by agencies external to the College.
- Participate in College-related functions and serve on committees as assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned that achieve the College mission and initiatives.
- Perform other duties incidental to the work described herein.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact