Closes: Monday, December 31, 2018
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Bachelor's degree or specialized training in data analytics
Required knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Ability to carefully analyze numbers and reports to identify problems and inconsistencies
- Ability to effectively organize and manage large volumes of information
- Ability to make arithmetical calculations efficiently and accurately
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees and staff from other agencies
- Excellent technology skills; high level of proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to quickly learn new software applications such as SAS
- Accuracy and promptness in all information and reports
- Ability to plan ahead with great attention given to service to the end user, project quality, and exact detail/accuracy
- Ability to perform under moderate levels of stress imposed by deadlines and peak workloads; ability to operate effectively in an environment of change
- Ability to work with minimal supervision as well as in a team environment
- Master's degree from an accredited institution.
- Two or more years of community college experience
- Knowledge and understanding of the mission, vision, and values of Central Carolina Community College
- Familiarity with SAS, SPSS, or other research statistical packages. Experience with Datatel, Informer, Microsoft Access, PowerBI and Blackboard
With a 2015-2019 Strategic Plan priority goal of "Learning First," Central Carolina Community College's faculty and staff are empowered as educators, committed to responsibility for the learning process. This cultural shift toward a Learning College model places an emphasis on documenting success through authentic assessment and evidence, and using this information to ensure courses, programs and services produce student learning college-wide.
In alignment with the College's Strategic Plan, the Institutional Research Analyst works closely with the Assistant Director and Director of Institutional Effectiveness and Research to support institutional efforts to maintain and enhance a data-informed environment. The Institutional Research Analyst will be responsible for summarizing College data gathered from multiple sources and analyzing both numerical and qualitative data to create and distribute reports to College departments, leadership, and accreditation agencies. The Institutional Research Analyst is a member of the Institutional Effectiveness & Research Department and works collaboratively with all divisions and college partners.
- Collect, verify, clean, analyze, and report data for reports on items such as the NC Community College System Performance Measures, institutional/departmental performance indicators for planning and review cycles, environmental scanning, demographic and economic data, etc.
- Produce charts, tables, and other data visualizations as well as written evaluations and summaries, from data analyses
- Collect and prepare numerical and narrative data that supports grant proposals, institutional and programs accreditation, institutional planning, and other special data requests and projects
- Collect and analyze data from and/or for the NCCCS Data Warehouse, the Integrated Post-Secondary Education Data System (IPEDS), the National Student Clearinghouse (NSC), the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), the NCCCS, and other state and federal agencies
- Verify and ensure the accuracy of data collected and assembled for staff and public usage, for publications, and for inclusion in higher education databases
- Provide ongoing monitoring and data testing to verify the accuracy and timeliness of products, and reports
- Collect and organize data in the institution's annual Fact Book
- Assist with the development, administration, and analysis of surveys for College constituents and grant project managers
- Assist with professional development activities to enhance understanding of institutional effectiveness and research
- Maintain necessary levels of confidentiality and security of all institutional and system data extracted and grant projects
- Create, update and maintain institution-wide data dashboards
- Serve on College committees as assigned.
- Complete the annual five-hour staff development.
- Encourage and support College activities, policies, procedures, and philosophies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact
Central Carolina Community College Human Resources