Old Charlotte Highway Campus in Monroe, NC
Closes: Friday, September 28, 2018
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
• Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution
• Minimum of 1 year of experience in:
o student learning or support unit outcomes assessment or
o institutional effectiveness in higher education
• Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
• Ability to explain complex data or assessment results to a variety of audiences
• Previous experience in training others in a workplace or educational setting
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills
• Intermediate to advanced skills and experience in the use of Microsoft Office Suite of Products (Word, Power Point, Excel)
• Master’s degree from a regionally accredited institution
• Experience in writing and maintaining queries using SAS, SPSS, SQL, or similar statistical analysis software
• Experience preparing SACSCOC or other regional accreditation reports or associated data collection
• Experience in use of Ellucian Colleague, and Entrinsik Informer
• Experience with the TaskStream assessment management system
• Experience in accreditation compliance audit or related activities and record-keeping
• History of attention to detail and accuracy with a strong work ethic
• Ability to maintain integrity, objectivity, and confidentiality at all times
• Outstanding organizational skills
• Internally motivated to work independently, manage time effectively, and produce measureable results
The Institutional Research and Assessment Specialist is a full-time, 12-month position located on the OCH Campus in Monroe, NC. Under the direction of the Associate Vice President of Planning and Institutional Effectiveness, the Institutional Research and Assessment Specialist will perform a variety of duties in the areas of institutional research, accreditation compliance, and assessment. This individual will assist with oversight of institutional assessment activities and training, maintain institutional and program-specific accreditation compliance records, and perform a wide variety of technical tasks related to collecting, retrieving, analyzing, and presenting research to inform and support evidence-based decisions at the college.
• Complete data collection, review, analysis, and compilation of results in response to data requests, local, state, and federal reporting.
• Create and maintainEntrinsik Informer queries
• Develop and maintain queries using SAS for the SPCC Data Warehouse to satisfy division/department requests for data/information.
• Maintain the SACSCOC Substantive Change Manual in collaboration with the SACSCOC Liaison
• Plan, organize, and facilitate compliance committee visits as requested by the SACSCOC Liaison
• Collaborate with SACSCOC Liaison to conduct and maintain SACSCOC internal compliance audits
• Maintain up-to-date evidence documents for SACSCOC compliance reporting, such as college meeting minutes, NC general statutes, state board of community colleges code, and assessment and institutional effectiveness documentation.
• Assist and / or provide leadership in a variety of assessment and institutional effectiveness-related activities to support continuous improvement and regional accreditation efforts
• Serve on and/or lead Planning Council teams
• Plan, design and evaluate assessment tools for assessment of student learning and support units
• Provide faculty and staff support and training in outcomes assessment and planning
• Provide Taskstream user support for faculty, staff, and students in areas of account creation; program setup in LAT and AMS platforms, development of scoring methods and rubrics, collection and scoring of artifacts, generating reports, and providing analysis of results.
• Monitor quantitative and qualitative data on progress toward identified outcomes; review outcomes development to identify problems and solutions; assist with the use of data to develop meaningful continuous improvement action plans
• Coordinate and meet with academic programs and support units to guide the development of annual assessment plans, collect assessment data and facilitate use of data for improvement
• Maintain Faculty, Support Unit and Student Learning Assessment webpages in TaskStream
• Maintain support unit and student learning assessment handbooks
• Support campus-wide programs of data collection and management and in the successful integration of data analysis and strategic planning
• Support institutional strategic planning by any of the following: conducting listening sessions; producing environmental scan; developing Key Performance Indicators, setup and tracking of operational tasks and mapping reports in Taskstream, and monitoring progress on the plan and indicators
• Demonstrate high-level professionalism in developing and/or implementing long- and short-range plans, rules, and regulations in accordance with the philosophy of a Learning College.
• Participate in institutional, advisory, and program/instruction committee meetings, campus activities, and representation of the college in the community.
• Continue professional development for the improvement of self and the department to meet the needs of a Learning College.
• Assist in the following areas as needed and able: student recruitment, admission, advising and registration activities; peer mentoring; SPCC Foundation support; and grant identification, preparation, implementation, and evaluation.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Associate Vice President of Planning and Institutional Effectiveness