201 Highway 321 South
Dallas, North Carolina, 28034
Closes: Tuesday, May 31, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
MINIMUM EDUCATION QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution required.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS
- At least two years of demonstrated experience in data retrieval and analysis required.
- Experience with database applications and proficiency in MS Office, with strong skills in Excel required.
- Familiarity and experience working with Ellucian (Datatel) Colleague or similar system required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability work in a collegial manner with faculty and staff required.
- Excellent organizational skills with an attention to detail required.
- PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Generally works in a traditional climate-controlled office environment and requires the ability to sit for extended periods.
- Some walking, standing, and bending, with the ability to lift and maneuver items weighing up to 15 pounds required.
- Work environment can be stressful at times in dealing with a wide variety of challenges and deadlines.
- In addition to regular office hours, position sometimes requires overtime and/or evening hours
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution in a related field (e.g., computer science, information systems, social science, educational research, statistics, or a closely related field) preferred.
- Master's degree from a regionally accredited institution preferred.
- Experience with SQL, SAS or SPSS, and Informer preferred.
- Higher education experience preferred.
OPEN UNTIL FILLED - Review of applications will begin 2/23/22
The Institutional Research Coordinator supports institutional efforts to maintain and enhance a data-driven environment by assisting the Director of Institutional Effectiveness. This position plays a key role in promoting a culture of evidence and inquiry and broad-based engagement by providing information and analysis for decision-making and continual improvement. This position reports to the Director of Institutional Effectiveness.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides technical and analytical support to the Director of Institutional Effectiveness
- Synthesize a broad, detailed knowledge of reporting and analytical tools, and keep current with new and emerging technologies and processes.
- Employ appropriate programming (such as Informer, Excel, Power BI, and SAS to identify populations and select samples, write queries, extract data, clean data, perform statistical analyses, and render reports through various mediums.
- Investigate and diagnose problematic data areas, verify data integrity, and determine and evaluate options for resolution.
- Collaborate with end users and validate reports for quality assurance.
- Translate reporting requests in order to accurately portray the information needs into usable information for quality and compliance issues.
- Analyze data to enhance understanding of student experiences and effectiveness of student support strategies and interventions.
- Collaborate with College leadership to identify data analysis needs and then assist in the collection, analysis and interpretation of data to meet those needs.
- Educate the campus community on comprehending and effectively using data results.
- Facilitate the administration of surveys and course evaluations.
- Plan, compose, and produce regular institutional reports.
- Support institutional compliance with federal, state, contracted services, grants, and accrediting organizations’ laws, rules, regulations, and requirements.
- Provide statistical expertise in analyses and reporting required for evaluation of student success and institutional initiatives.
- Meet the deadlines of users.
- Perform other duties as assigned that achieve the College mission and initiatives.
- Perform other duties incidental to the work described herein.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact