Closes: Wednesday, October 31, 2018
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Bachelor's degree from a reionally accredited institution required.
- At least two years of demonstrated experience in data retrieval and analysis required.
- Experience with database applications and proficiency in MS Office, with strong skills in Excel required.
- Experience with Ellucian (Datatel) Colleague or similar system required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability work in a collegial manner with faculty and staff required.
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution in a related field (e.g., computer science, information systems, social science, educational research, statistics, or a closely related field) preferred.
- Master’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university preferred.
- Experience with SQL, SAS or SPSS, and Informer preferred.
The Institutional Research Coordinator supports institutional efforts to maintain and enhance a data-driven environment by assisting the Director of Institutional Effectiveness. This position plays a key role in promoting a culture of evidence and inquiry and broad-based engagement by providing information and analysis for decision-making and continual improvement.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Synthesize a broad, detailed knowledge of reporting and analytical tools, and keep current with new and emerging technologies and processes.
- Employ appropriate programming (typically SAS, Informer, and Excel) to identify populations and select samples, write queries, extract data, clean data, perform statistical analyses, and render reports through various mediums.
- Investigate and diagnose problematic data areas, verify data integrity, and determine and evaluate options for resolution.
- Collaborate with end users and validate reports for quality assurance.
- Translate reporting requests in order to accurately portray the information needs into usable information for quality and compliance issues.
- Analyze data to enhance understanding of student experiences and effectiveness of student support strategies and interventions.
- Collaborate with College leadership to identify data analysis needs and then assist in the collection, analysis and interpretation of data to meet those needs.
- Educate the campus community on comprehending and effectively using data results.
- Counsel and guide faculty and staff in designing and implementing qualitative and quantitative research.
- Facilitate the administration of surveys and course evaluations.
- Plan, compose, and produce regular institutional reports.
- Support institutionalcompliance with federal, state, contracted services, grants, and accrediting organizations’ laws, rules, regulations, and requirements.
- Provide statistical expertise in analyses and reporting required for evaluation of student success and institutional initiatives.
- Meet the deadlines of users.
- Perform other duties as assigned that achieve the College mission and initiatives.
- Perform other duties incidental to the work described herein.
- Generally works in a traditional climate-controlled office environment and requires the ability to sit for extended periods.
- Some walking, standing, and bending, with the ability to lift and maneuver items weighing up to 15 pounds required.
- Work environment can be stressful at times in dealing with a wide variety of challenges and deadlines.
- In addition to regular office hours, position sometimes requires overtime and/or evening hours.
How to Apply
Open Until Filled - Applications reviewed upon receipt.
Apply online only at www.gaston.edu > Employment Opportunities
In order to be considered, the online application for employment must be completed in its entirety. An attached resume may not be substituted for a fully complete application.
Job Post Contact