Closes: Friday, September 24, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
To be considered, your application must demonstrate these minimum qualifications.
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited college or university in a related field
- One year of experience in data retrieval, analysis and research
- Master’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university in a related field
- Three years of experience in data retrieval, analysis, and research
- Experience with Ellucian, Informer, Colleague Reporting and Operating Analytics (CROA), Tableau, Power BI, SQL, SAS, online surveying
- Experience in data visualization
- Experience in a higher education setting
The Institutional Researcher works collaboratively with faculty, staff, and other stakeholders to develop and implement data collection and analysis strategies to support student success and the College’s mission and vision. This position plays a key role in promoting a culture of inquiry and evidence by providing information and analysis for decision-making and continual improvement. This position reports to the Dean, Institutional Effectiveness and Innovation.
Davidson-Davie Community College is an award-winning institution known for a commitment to excellence and student success. The college community is dedicated to providing a high quality education designed to prepare students to live and work in an increasingly interconnected world. To this end, the institution celebrates the value of a diverse faculty and staff and encourages applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply. Davidson-Davie faculty and staff are passionate about equity and our responsibility to work with each unique student to support them in successfully attaining their goals.
The College's benefits and other resources make it possible to excel both professionally and personally. We are a dynamic community that supports and celebrates the success of all of its members. The future is here!
- Works collaboratively with key campus stakeholders to define critical information needs then assists in the collection, analysis, and interpretation of data to meet those needs
- Utilizes business intelligence and analytics technologies and develops dynamic and user-driven reporting of institutional data using these tools
- Provides relevant, timely, and accurate information and documentation to administration, faculty and staff in support of program/service review and decision making at the college
- Provides statistical expertise required for evaluation of student success initiatives
- Provides expertise in data visualization and shares data in a way that allows non-technical experts to comprehend
- Analyzes data to enhance understanding of student experiences and effectiveness of student support strategies and interventions
- Provides “data education” to the campus community
- Supports the development and evaluation of student learning outcomes
- Provides leadership related to data governance and assists in prioritizing data requests and verifying data integrity
- Provides training, support, guidance and direction in designing qualitative and quantitative research
- Coordinates, implements, and evaluates qualitative survey methods including institutional surveys and focus groups
- Works collegially with and responds to data requests from consultants, standing and ad hoc committees and task forces
- Assists in responding to data and information requests from external stakeholders
- Maintains a high level of sensitivity, understanding, and respect for a diverse academic environment, inclusive of students, faculty, and staff of varying social, economic, cultural, ideological, and ethnic backgrounds
- Supports the mission, vision, and values of the College and attends College events and meetings