Closes: Saturday, August 31, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Master’s degree in Library Science from a regionally accredited institution or an ALA-accredited institution. Experience teaching library instruction and providing reference service. Proficiency searching online library catalogs, databases, and digital collections. Good computer and technology skills. Ability to provide outstanding customer service. Demonstrated organizational, critical thinking and problem solving skills. Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills. Ability to work independently and with others with a team spirit. Physical ability to do moderate lifting and to push full book carts. Occasional travel is required. Must have a valid driver’s
Library instruction and reference experience in an academic or research library. Knowledge of the ACRL Framework for Information Literacy for Higher Education. Experience developing library instructional videos, online tutorials, and LibGuides. Knowledge of collection development and cataloging standards. Training will be provided for professional development as needed.
POSITION DESCRIPTION: Responsible for coordinating, delivering, and assessing library instruction for all Nash Community College including Career and College Promise students. Duties include providing reference service, performing library research, developing instructional videos and online tutorials, contributing to collection development, and participating in other public and technical library services. Also participates in career counseling in the campus Advising Center and teaches one college success class each semester.
- Provides outstanding customer service in a professional manner.
- Coordinates, delivers, and assesses library instruction.
- Conducts library tours and orientations.
- Produces library scavenger hunts for game-based learning.
- Creates library instructional videos and online tutorials.
- Provides reference service.
- Engages in library research.
- Develops and maintains LibGuides.
- Compiles and maintains library instruction data for reports.
- Provides public and technical library service, including but not limited to:
- - Registering new library borrowers and issuing library cards.
- - Charging and discharging library materials.
- - Collecting fines and other library fees.
- - Assisting patrons in the location and use of library collections and resources.
- - Assisting patrons with basic computer questions.
- - Assisting in the ordering, processing, and cataloging of library materials.
- - Shelving and shifting library materials.
- - Searching for missing library materials.
- Opens and closes library facility using established procedures.
- Assists with planning library programs and events.
- Administers career readiness assessment (placement) tests.
- Participates in and supports ongoing library assessments and planning.
- Plans academic programs of study with students in the Advising Center.
- Teaches one college success (ACA 122) class per semester.
- Works collaboratively on college committees and projects.
- Contributes to the profession with service on library consortium/association committees.
- Participates in professional development activities provided by the college, the State Library, library associations, and other institutions/organizations.
How to Apply
**The minimum qualifications and experience have both been modified. Applicants who have already applied do not need to re-apply. New applicants must submit a completed Nash Community College application and unofficial transcripts in order to be considered. Applications referencing resumes will not be considered. Completed applications need to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to Human Resources, PO Box 7488, Rocky Mount, NC 27804**
Job Post Contact
Morgan R, Bland, Director of Human Resources
**Applicants must submit a completed Nash Community College application and unofficial transcripts in order to be considered. Applications referencing resumes will not be considered. Completed applications need to be emailed to email@example.com or mailed to Human Resources, PO Box 7488, Rocky Mount, NC 27804**