- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Friday, December 23, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
To oversee and teach Adult Basic and Secondary Education classes in Transylvania County
Why it’s Important
The Blue Ridge team is excited by every opportunity to be creative, innovative, and engaging. We do this by working alongside our Staff and Faculty to ensure we provide a modern, technologically advanced institution for the community. We are here to support our Students to ensure they reach their highest potential. Our team engages with the community to ensure that we are consistently meeting standards and then rising above them. Guiding students along their educational journey is our calling and we are looking for like-minded teammates to help us serve our community. Whether a student is entering the workforce for the first time, entering a new profession, or just expanding their knowledge, we are here to provide the necessary tools to accomplish all their goals. Working together, no elevation is too high, and no summit is unreachable.
** Check out this link to apply: blueridge.edu/careers **
What You'll be Doing
- Schedule and oversee classes at all Transylvania County locations
- Hire, supervise and support adjunct faculty Conduct formal observations and provide necessary professional development recommendations
- Assess the effectiveness of educational material and standards-based curriculum
- Teach reading, writing, and math at Schenck Job Corps
- Advise students and monitor progress
- Oversee new student intake processes
- Conduct scheduled recruitment activities
- Monitor program effectiveness and explore areas for growth
- Devise and execute implementation plans for new classes/programs
- Establish and maintain community partnerships
- Ensure compliance and confidentiality with all policies and procedures of the College, NC Community College System, and applicable state and federal agencies.
- Effectively collaborate with internal and external partners
- Represent Blue Ridge at conferences and meetings
- Maintain a positive, productive, respectful work environment
- Other duties as assigned
Bachelor’s degree in adult education or related field. Master’s degree preferred.
Minimum three years teaching and three years in a supervisory role.
Skills and the Know-How
- A successful candidate will have the ability to multitask and be able to independently manage a significant volume of work. The candidate will possess strong interpersonal and intrapersonal skills and be flexible and adaptable to change. Knowledge of Adult Education and Literacy programs, adult learning theory, and best practices in instruction and supervision are required. The ability to evaluate and develop curricula and programs is required. Must be able to integrate technology into programs and supervise instructor technological needs.
- Additional Information:
The ability to perform all duties associated with the position including, but not limited to, lifting, prolonged standing, sitting, bending, stooping, and operating or performing work with associated tools and machines. Must have a commitment to safety.
Blue Ridge is an Equal Employment Opportunity Institution
How to Apply
Job Post Contact