Shelby, North Carolina
Closes: Friday, August 10, 2018
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Bachelor’s degree required
Online teaching experience required.
- Ability to work effectively and collegially with others.
- Experience in instructional design models and quality controls processes preferred.
- Skilled in the use of computers and commitment to use of instructional technology.
- Experience with current version of MS Office or similar programs.
- Ability to think critically in order to process information, analyze data, make assessments, and exercise good judgment to make decisions.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Working knowledge of learning management systems.
Demonstrated delivery of instruction, training and/or professional development required.
Master’s Degree from an accredited institution in education, instructional design or related subject preferred.
Experience with the Blackboard learning management system preferred.
The Instructional Design Coordinator collaborates with all College faculty through the creation, design, and re- design of courses and course content that reflect College standards. The Instructional Design Coordinator works with the Director of eLearning, Academic Deans and the office of Economic and Workforce Development to ensure that all course content is up-to-date, relevant, accessible and meets College standards.
- Research, recommend and implement systems, procedures and policies to promote high-quality online instruction and compliance with web accessibility requirements.
- Work with the New Faculty Academy to ensure training and communication on College standards.
- Mentor and train faculty in the development and enhancement of courses and course content using proper course design techniques.
- Develop and maintain a schedule for a comprehensive evaluation of courses on a rotating basis.
- Serve as the facilitator of instructional design projects from inception to completion.
- Conduct routine and requested reviews of courses and course content and provide reviews to the appropriate Academic Dean.
- Collaborate with the Service, Support and Training Coordinator to schedule routine training for faculty and staff.
- Design and present engaging faculty training modules (face-to-face and online).
- Collaborate with existing initiatives to ensure accessibility of instructional materials, college-wide.
- Research and remain current with accessibility laws including the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act, and Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0 AA.
- Help administer and support the College’s learning management system (LMS) and other distance learning technologies.
- Serve on college committees or taskforces as assigned.
- Participate in professional development activities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Job Post Contact