Flat Rock, North Carolina - Henderson County
Closes: Friday, April 19, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
The purpose of this position is to provide consultation to College faculty in the application of instructional design best practices and the incorporation of technology into college course materials. He/she will be responsible for the development, scheduling, and delivery of comprehensive training and support services to promote, support and expand the effective use of online and classroom technologies for teaching and learning.
Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree in related field preferred.
Three years’ experience developing and delivering training and support services; higher education teaching experience, preferably at the community college level, and preferably online.
• Experience in the design and development of online courses;
• Working knowledge of best practices in instructional design and quality online course delivery;
• Experience developing and delivering training and support services for online learning;
• Experience with a Learning Management system (LMS);
• Demonstrated knowledge of instructional design, educational technologies and Regional College Accreditation requirements and best practices;
• Experience with ADA accessibility standards related to digital course material;
• Strong technical writing skills and experience developing training materials;
• Knowledge of streaming audio and video, compression methods, file types and formats;
• Familiarity with graphic design elements appropriate for web-based instruction and learning;
• Proven ability to coordinate and direct multiple projects with faculty and staff
• Familiarity with the Moodle LMS
• Experience with Quality Matters ™ or other quality rubrics
• Completion of graduate level Distance Education certifications
Knowledge and Skills:
• The employee will possess strong personal and professional integrity, effective verbal and written communication skills, and a commitment to safety.
• Ability to work independently and handle multiple projects with varying priorities.
• Knowledge of LMS’s – specifically Moodle
• Working experience with various multimedia software for course enrichment (Camtasia, Articulate, Adobe CC, etc.); Expert knowledge of current Microsoft Office software;
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
• Superior interpersonal and team oriented aptitude;
• Ability to work collaboratively in an higher education environment;
• Ability to advise faculty in the design, development, and implementation of technology that supports and enhances quality instruction and student learning;
• Ability to communicate technical concepts effectively to students and staff;
• Demonstrate and model employability soft skills including: adaptability, communications, information processing, problem solving, responsibility and teamwork
Working Conditions: Indoor office environment; moderate level of interruptions; frequent deadlines; occasional irregular work hours.
The ability to perform all duties associated with the position including, but not limited to lifting, prolonged standing, sitting, bending, stooping, and operating or performing work with associated tools and machines.
Blue Ridge Community College is an Equal Employment Opportunity Institution.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact