201 Highway 321 South
Dallas, North Carolina, 28034
Closes: Monday, March 6, 2023
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
MINIMUM EDUCATION QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in Instructional Design, Educational Technology, Information Systems, or related field from a nationally accredited institution required.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience designing online course content.
- Proficiency with digital audio and video recording and editing techniques and tools.
- Experience using a learning management system such as Blackboard, Canvas, Moodle, etc.
- Successful completion of the Applying the QM Rubric Workshop and Designing or Improving Your Online Course within 45 days of employment.
- Experience producing learning materials in a variety of formats including print, graphics, audio, video, animation, and multimedia to support teaching, learning, and course redesign needs.
- Experience with the flipped classroom model.
- Experience with identifying and securing appropriate educational materials to ensure compliance with necessary copyrights.
- Proficiency with developing instructional products that incorporate audio and video features for synchronous and asynchronous courses, podcasts, webinars, YouTube videos, tutorials, performance support tools, interactive lesson modules, etc.
- Online teaching experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of and intermediate skills with technology and software including computers and web-based resources.
- Advanced knowledge of instructional design, development, and delivery methodologies.
- Basic knowledge of the Americans with Disabilities Act, Section 508 standards, and the creation of accessible content.
- Knowledge of Articulate software.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
- Ability to problem solve, think logically, and troubleshoot issues.
- Ability to exhibit good interpersonal skills and work well with others.
- Able to maintain records accurately and be able to meet deadlines consistently.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Intermediate skills with MS Office products.
- Generally works in a traditional climate-controlled office environment and requires the ability to sit for extended periods.
- Some walking, standing, and bending required, and the ability to lift and maneuver items weighing up to 25 pounds.
- Work environment can be stressful at times in dealing with a wide variety of challenges and deadlines.
- In addition to regular office hours, position sometimes requires overtime and/or evening hours.
- Master’s degree in Instructional Design, Educational Technology, Information Systems, or related field from a nationally accredited institution preferred.
OPEN UNTIL FILLED - Review of applications will begin 12/02/22
This position is responsible for instructional design, development, and maintenance of new and innovative models of instruction, with a focus on accelerated learning in online and technology-enabled learning formats, including mobile learning and asynchronous/synchronous courseware.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinate instructional design projects from inception to completion.
- Collaborate with faculty subject matter experts to provide learning design services to develop new courses, support the revision and delivery of existing courses, and propose solutions for complex challenges in online and blended learning environments.
- Support faculty and programs in online education through course design theory, teaching and learning pedagogy, and best practices in online education through course design and delivery.
- Support faculty assessment of student learning outcomes, especially in integrating measurable outcomes and mapping and reporting learning outcomes in a Learning Management System.
- Design and produce accessible learning materials in a variety of formats including print, graphics, audio, video, animation, and multimedia to support teaching, learning, and course redesign needs.
- Support faculty on various instructional design topics such as best practices, course design, effective use of instructional tools, Quality Matters, accessibility, and compliance requirements.
- Reports regularly on tasks and progress by coordinating peer-review process through continual communication to instructors whose courses are under review and work with assigned faculty to provide detailed feedback.
- Work with faculty to ensure compliance with college and Quality Matters standards and courses are ADA compliant.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact