Central Campus - Overcash Building
Closes: Friday, December 31, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Bachelor’s Degree, two years of higher education or training and development experience and over two years of experience developing and/or support with computers, software packages, and internet technologies. Candidate must be a team player, creative, have good communication skills, has knowledge and application of emerging technologies and associated software in the teaching/learning process.
Master’s Degree in the area of Instructional Design/ Development or Education
Instructional Designer positions are available in the Center for Teaching and Learning Excellence Department located on Central Campus - Overcash Building.
Anticipated hiring Date: January 4, 2022
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday 8am - 5pm
Hours per week: 40 hours
Central Piedmont’s Parr Center for Teaching and Learning Excellence is responsible for the holistic development of Central Piedmont faculty and teaching staff in the areas of pedagogical content knowledge, feedback and assessment, inclusive pedagogy, curriculum alignment, classroom climate, instructional strategies, and faculty engagement. We also share the college’s values and strategic goals to support faculty in serving as champions of students, catalysts for opportunity, and exceptional providers of learning experiences.
This position supports Central Piedmont faculty with the development and delivery of quality online and classroom instruction using research-based standards, quality practices in training and development, emerging technology, and innovative tools and instructional strategies that promote student success.
Supports Central Piedmont faculty with the development and delivery of quality online and classroom instruction using research-based standards, quality practices in training and development, emerging technology, and innovative tools and instructional strategies that promote student success.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
1. Assists instructors in aligning instructional and assessment strategies to student learning outcomes in online and classroom instruction and/or programs.
2. Develops quality online and seated faculty professional development programming.
3. Partners with faculty to build course content for professional development programming and student-centered instruction.
4. Provides training and professional learning activities to instructors for teaching and learning excellence.
5. Keeps up to date with new software products that will enhance online and classroom instruction.
6. Assists with maintaining quality control and continuous improvement of faculty development programming to support student engagement and learning.
7. Assists instructors with implementation of best practices in course design and delivery.
8. Consults with faculty and staff to identify instructional development needs; provides direction and guidance regarding content, instructional design, and media selection.
9. Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Characteristics
* Knowledge and application of emerging technologies and associate software
* Ability to apply technology in teaching/learning process
* Competency in applying and using computer and emerging technologies
* Knowledge of learning theories in development and application of instruction
* Ability to interact and provide information to individuals or groups with diverse background
* Listening skills
How to Apply
Job Post Contact