Main RCC Campus
Closes: Friday, September 17, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Master's Degree in Instructional Design or related field (e.g. Instructional Technology, Educational Technology, Education, etc.) from a regionally accredited institution. Thorough knowledge of instructional design principles and pedagogical strategies. Experience developing instructional learning material and providing user support services. Experience with online educational platforms. Consultation skills to assess user needs, content, and identify gaps. Experience working with subject matter experts. Ability to work independently or in teams, collaborate with others, lead projects, and provide excellent customer service. Must be able to demonstrate qualities of professionalism, team building, and have excellent organizational skills. Strong effective presentation and communication skills.
Same as minimum.
- Maintains the integrity of the College and its related foundations.
- Represents the College professionally and handle all matters in a confidential manner.
- Research, design, develop, administer, and facilitate group and one-to-one professional development activities for faculty with regard to various instructional technology and design topics such as andragogical best practices, course design, learning theories, effective use of instructional technology tools, superior design and best teaching practices, accessibility, and compliance requirements.
- Facilitate and support other professional development needs for faculty.
- Work closely with the Grants and Foundation Office to seek funding opportunities to support professional development opportunities.
- Serve as a consultant to faculty with regard to course design, development of program and course level assessments, and assessment methods and tools to achieve student learning outcomes.
- Facilitate and co-create digital media assets to enhance instruction and support the attainment of student learning outcomes. Remain proficient in the use of digital media tools and instructional content creation software.
- Participate in the implementation and continual assessment/improvement of the course quality assurance process led by the Director of Instructional Support & Distance Learning and the Online Presence Committee.
- Provide user support to faculty and students for learning management systems and other instructional systems.
- Research, recommend, and implement internal systems, procedures, and policies to promote high-quality instruction and compliance with digital accessibility requirements.
- Monitor developments in the field of instructional design and technology to remain current on innovative and effective teaching and design strategies and practices.
- Effectively maintain electronic and hardcopy files.
- Interprets the mission, educational philosophy, and vision statements of Robeson Community College to the general public.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
How to Apply
Candidates for the position should apply online at www.robeson.edu/hr and submit a Professional Resume, a photocopy of Official Transcripts, and any other supporting documentation related to the qualification requirements. Robeson Community College reserves the right to perform consumer background checks on applicants who are considered for employment and the College may administer personality profile testing as part of the selection process.
Human Resources – Sally Carr – email@example.com
Robeson Community College
P. O. Box 1420
Lumberton, NC 28359