Asheville Buncombe Technical Community College
Asheville, North Carolina
Closes: Monday, August 15, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
***IMPORTANT NOTE TO APPLICANTS***
When Human Resources receives enough qualified applications, we will move forward regardless of the posted close date (required field), but the position will remain open until filled.
Minimum Requirements (Applicant must meet all of the minimum requirements)
1. Bachelor’s degree;
2.·Experience in either technical operations, industrial/manufacturing operations, engineering, technical design, technical industrial training, or equipment setup/maintenance in an industrial business setting, or industrial training in a higher education environment;
3. Either hands-on design, project management, training, or operations experience in computer-controlled machine operation and systems integration;
4. Experience with designing and developing training or educational curriculum;
5. Experience with Lean Six Sigma principles;
6. Experience or certifications that demonstrate proficiency in all safety categories and OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Administration) regulations.
7. The following must be attained as needed and opportunities are presented. For example First Aid/CPR, leadership certifications such as Achieve Global or DDI, Expert OJT, Lean Six Sigma Yellow/Green/Black Belt, etc.
1. Master’s degree;
2. Hands-on experience or training in CNC and manual machining operations;
3. Hands-on experience in programming, setup, and maintenance of PLCs;
4. Experience with equipment automation and systems integration;
5. Welding experience;
6. Any combination of certifications:
Certified Maintenance & Reliability Professional (CMRP)
Certified Safety Professional (CSP)
Certified Hazardous Materials Manager (CHMM)
Lean Six Sigma Green or Black Belt
OSHA certifications, such as OSHA 10 and OSHA 30
First Aid, CPR, & AED Instructor Certification
Electrical Journeyman card or license
Hazwoper 40 Hour certification
Siemens Automation Educator
Job Description Summary
This position blends the duties of an Industry Trainer and Instructional Designer. Serves as the technical training lead and new Workforce Training Center facility manager for major Customized Training Program workforce training projects. Working under the direction of the Director of Economic Workforce Development aligns and works closely with industrial clients and A-B Tech personnel to design and develop technical curricula and provide pre- and post-hire technical training. Responsible for training equipment procurement, setup, utilization, and maintenance. In addition to designing curricula and delivering training, assists with training scheduling, supervising, and coordinating with adjunct and contract instructors, facility administration at A-B Tech’s new workforce training center at Biltmore Park West.
1. Designs and develops technical curricula using sound pedagogical and instructional design practices. Is a liaison with industry partners to translate outcomes into training modules that is consistent and measurable. Communicates strategies, time, practice methodologies, design, and development phases to clients in a way that is customized to their particular project specifications.
2. Serves as a lead training instructor for delivering specifically developed training material to clients. Coordinates, trains, and assigns other program trainers to assist with the delivery of the training material as needed to multiple sites, groups, and levels. Performs assessment of training outcomes and evaluates learning outcomes from instructor to instructor and with clients.
3. Applies adult learning theories and instructional best practices in training the instructional team. Ensures training, communication and hands-on learning principles are applied by each instructor with each project.
4. Ensures training equipment, procurement, setup, operations, and maintenance standards are met with each coordinated schedule of instruction. Assigns, and coordinates contract instructors for the various phases of the training and oversees outcomes of each.
5. Performs administrative responsibilities associated with collaborating, reporting, and engaging with the Center Director and the industry clients. Communicates concerns, needs and successes in regular meeting(s) with supervisor and clients.
6. Contributes to the College Vision, Mission, Values, and RISE statement.
7. Supports workforce diversity in all its aspects.
8. Performs other duties as assigned.