Closes: Friday, July 31, 2020
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Bachelor's degree in a teaching discipline in a career and technical education (CTE) program.
- Two or more years of instructional or support service work at the community college or university level.
- Excellent technology skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to interact professionally with diverse users.
- Excellent organizational, critical thinking, and decision-making skills.
- Master's degree in an academic discipline or Master's degree plus 18 graduate hours in an academic discipline.
- Course work/experience in instructional design, educational technology, or related field.
- Two or more years of experience working at the system administrator level.
At Central Carolina Community College, we create transformative lifelong learning opportunities! We expect all employees to find ways to remove barriers to student success and provide all students a pathway to achievable dreams. Our employees are charged to recognize the challenges we face and to respond to them with empathy, understanding, and a willingness to help.
The purpose of the Instructional Designer/Trainer is to assist faculty in the development of online, hybrid, web-assisted, and seated courses and programs through one-on-one and group training sessions in a variety of delivery formats, while teaching a reduced course load in a curriculum discipline. This positions reports directly to the Executive Director of The Center for Academic Excellence.
- Primary responsibilities are to develop and teach 6-10 contact hours per semester in a discipline.
- This position also requires the successful candidate to maintain office hours, serve on college committees, and to assist the department chairperson in support of departmental or institutional duties.
- While the teaching will be done primarily at the Lee Main campus, the successful candidate may be asked to teach at other college locations and/or teach online as needed.
- Assist faculty in the development of online, hybrid, web-assisted, and seated courses and programs through one-on-one and group training sessions in a variety of delivery formats.
- Assist with Blackboard Levels, Blackboard proficiency, and other related instructional technology training series.
- Determine, develop, conduct, and revise relevant instructional technology training and opportunities for faculty, staff, and students in face-to-face, online, and blended formats.
- Provide ongoing formal review of courses using College-developed instruments to ensure quality, accessibility, and consistency.
- Address faculty, staff, and student concerns and maintain ongoing correspondence as needed.
- Maintain a solid understanding of online course management and delivery software as well as other related instructional technologies to provide appropriate technical oversight and assistance.
- Conduct research and implement solutions related to Center for Academic Excellence areas.
- Lead departmental trainings and evaluation.
- Serve on institutional committees.
- Identify appropriate instructional strategies and define learning objectives appropriate to course development.
- Participant in professional development to ensure the College is using best practices within the field.
- Consults with faculty on instructional design and learning objectives.
- Coordinates instructional design projects from inception to completion.
- Researches and makes recommendations on educational best practices, instructional resources, instructional technologies to support teaching and learning.
- Collaborate with the Director of Distance Education to evaluate and implement new instructional technologies in the LMS.
- Designs, develops, and delivers workshops and training to faculty and staff in the use of instructional technologies and educational best practices; maintains records.
- Complete the annual five-hour staff development requirement.
- Assume other special duties as assigned.
Salary range will be based on highest earned degree.
- Bachelors Degree: $51,439-$67,439
- Masters Degree: $54,068-$70,068